Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BS Essence in an integrated setup with tv?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 34 Replies | 2 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,395 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen posted on Wed, Nov 8 2017 10:59 PM

As you might know it is possible to use an Essence (2nd gen) - or a Core - as an integrated part of a NL-BeoVision - to let it share the speakers of the tv.

Would be nice to hear from someone, who uses this kind of setup on a daily basis.

How does the setup behave, when you start an Essence source via the app?

Does all sources act the same?

Does using Spotify Connect turn on the BV?

How about when you cast using ChromeCast to the Essence - or Airplay to it.

Or using bluetooth?

I suppose, that these sources also are visible in the source list (of e.g. a BV11) - (this is not the case, if the Essence is just connected to the tv).

Does the timer functions of the Essence turn on the tv, then?

When the Essence is integrated with a BV, can it still be connected to another (in another room)?

All these questions because I ‘only’ have personal experience with the Essence as a connected (to a BV in another room in my house) device.

A post from Mr Andersen in another thread about the behaviour of the Bang & Olufsen app used with an Essence/Core that is integrated with a BV triggered my curiousity.

Read here: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/28341/223426.aspx#223426

In other words - will it be worth it to have a dedicated Essence/Core integrated with the BV?

Or is connecting an Essence (used in another room with its own speakers) to the BV just as good?

Pardon me for this/these sophisticated/somewhat nerdy question/s - but this is where the fun with the current B&O products begins ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
517 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2019 12:11 PM

I finally took the plunge some time ago and now have an Essence Mk.2 integrated with my V1. Since the updates of both the app (Beta track 2.5.1) and the Essence (1.20.x) I cannot start music from the App! "Deezer content cannot be played from this device"

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Lare
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Lare replied on Fri, Apr 9 2021 11:33 AM

Yes, someone has e.g. me. I have BeoSound Essence MKII integrated with BV Avant 55" MKI :)

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,932 Posts
Bronze Member

1990:

I finally took the plunge some time ago and now have an Essence Mk.2 integrated with my V1. Since the updates of both the app (Beta track 2.5.1) and the Essence (1.20.x) I cannot start music from the App! "Deezer content cannot be played from this device"

I've encountered a similar problem with that same message -- although not necessarily with a BeoVision. For me, I get the message if I've played a source from a linked NL/ML Converter and then I try to switch to Deezer or TuneIn from the main NL device. The app seems to think you're trying to play Deezer from the NL/ML Converter -- which is not capable of Deezer or TuneIn. I have to place the products into Standby and start again in the app to use Deezer/TuneIn. This seems to be a design flaw with the app. I find it very annoying.

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
169 Posts
Gold Member
ebnrob replied on Fri, Apr 9 2021 10:20 PM

Yes I too had this problem. I now use the beoliving intelligence app which doesn't have this issue. It does require a beolink gateway however. 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,507 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff:
1990:

I've encountered a similar problem with that same message -- although not necessarily with a BeoVision. For me, I get the message if I've played a source from a linked NL/ML Converter and then I try to switch to Deezer or TuneIn from the main NL device. The app seems to think you're trying to play Deezer from the NL/ML Converter -- which is not capable of Deezer or TuneIn. I have to place the products into Standby and start again in the app to use Deezer/TuneIn. This seems to be a design flaw with the app. I find it very annoying.
Strange!

Your (and others) response is on a post of 2019.........didn't you update your systems?

Note: the BLC integration was and is never been 100%, but it works to my satisfaction though.

Page 3 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL