Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Beoplay E8 Bluetooth issues

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 39 Replies | 3 Followers

Cardinalsong
Not Ranked
Melbourne, Au
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Cardinalsong posted on Wed, Oct 11 2017 7:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Trying to work out if I’ve got bad luck or others are experiencing the same issues I am.

Picked up a brand new pair of E8 from my dealer that received their first delivery today. After charging them fully I took them for a spin. Noticed immediately the left hand bud would intermittently dip audio for half a second every 30sec or so.

took them for a walk and had continuous, sustained drop outs in both ears every few seconds, then fine for maybe 30sec, then more drop outs.

if anyone lived through the H8 launch in 2015, this feels very, very similar. I’m heartbroken as I really wanted the convenience of wireless buds, but the connectivity is atrocious.

using them with an iPhone 7 and an iPad Pro 10.5” left ear bud drop out in both, full dropping on the 7 only, especially when walking with the phone in my pocket. 

have attempted re-pairing and software updates, no success. 

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,762 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Oct 11 2017 8:02 AM

Disappointment! I was actually this morning thinking of ordering a pair.

Maybe one should wait.

Cardinalsong
Not Ranked
Melbourne, Au
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I’m gutted, my H7 and H5 are flawless in comparison 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,506 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Oct 11 2017 9:45 AM

Cardinalsong:

Picked up a brand new pair of E8 from my dealer that received their first delivery today. After charging them fully I took them for a spin. Noticed immediately the left hand bud would intermittently dip audio for half a second every 30sec or so.

That's not good. I was looking to pull the trigger on the E8's when they are officially launched (tomorrow, I think?). As they aren't a native B&O product, I thought the chances of them working more efficiently, would be higher.

I'm guessing it's yet another software issue. I'll hold off purchasing.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,506 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Oct 11 2017 9:46 AM

Cardinalsong:

I’m gutted, my H7 and H5 are flawless in comparison 

The H5's have had mixed reviews (on here, too), but I've found my H5's to be superb. You do get a bit of annoying cable noise, but once your music is playing you don't hear this.

Paulando
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Bah! Really hope this is a faulty pair or a software glitch of some kind. I had some H5s and I loved how they sounded - but they were uncomfortable to wear and I had issues with dropouts. They had to go back.

I’m using AirPods and BeatsX at the moment - both comfortable with perfect connectivity, but they obviously don’t sound anywhere near as good as the H5s. I was really hoping the E8s would tick every box.

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
95 Posts
Gold Member
Jon replied on Thu, Oct 12 2017 7:50 PM

You should take them back, sounds like a faulty unit - I got a pair today from my local dealer and neither the demo pair nor the ones I bought have this problem (used them with my iPhone 7 Plus)

For what it's worth, I saw this post before buying so I also asked if they had anybody else have this problem and he said no (they did only just come out so you might not be the only one, but the pair I tried + the ones I bought seem fine).

Smile

Paulando
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

This sounds encouraging, thank you! Any other thoughts on them? Are they comfortable to wear? And does the connection remain solid no matter how quickly you move your head around? :D

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
95 Posts
Gold Member
Jon replied on Thu, Oct 12 2017 9:03 PM

Y

Paulando:

This sounds encouraging, thank you! Any other thoughts on them? Are they comfortable to wear? And does the connection remain solid no matter how quickly you move your head around? :D

Yep they're excellent! Very comfortable and haven't fallen out (using the Comply ear tips), and audio hasn't dropped out when I shake my head around (wanted to try it at home before walking outside with them Laughing). They sound excellent too, and they don't have any audible background hiss unlike every other wireless Beoplay product I've owned (H7, H9, H5, and S3). Also worth noting, I can't see any delay/lag when watching videos either which is very welcome!

100% recommend them.

Cardinalsong
Not Ranked
Melbourne, Au
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I returned my E8 today, and the Dealer said he totally understood. 

I took the opportunity to get a pair of H9, as it will likely suit me better in the long term. I hope your experience with E8 continues to be great, Paulando! 

Best from Melbourne

erockg
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
erockg replied on Fri, Oct 13 2017 3:50 PM

Bummer.  I was hoping you did an exchange so we could hear if the issue was isolated to your first set.  

I bought the E8 yesterday and they do sound beautiful.  I have zero issues at my office, inside the building, but I do have dropouts when walking outside if my phone is in my left front pocket.  To solve this, I put my phone in my right front pocket and the issue is fixed.  That said, is that worth the $299 USD price tag?  I'm still debating.  Sad because my Bragi Dash Pro earbuds have zero issues with connectivity in any pocket but the sound is far better with the E8.  

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
95 Posts
Gold Member
Jon replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 7:25 PM

Got an update on the E8s and it's not good unfortunately; I've been using them for almost all of yesterday and today (around 10hrs each day with 30% charge left afterwards on Fri and 15% today so the battery life claims on the box are right!).

I noticed yesterday that the right earphone sounded a quieter than the left around 70% of the time, if I pause and resume it sometimes kicks back in and works normally. I got home today and actually sat down and tried to work out if I have a broken right ear or a broken right earphone and (fortunately?) it's the earphone.

I tried playing various tracks and then swapped the earphones around and the right earphone was still quieter than the left when I had it in my left ear. I also went into Settings on my phone and slid the slider thing in accessibility for adjusting output between the left/right channel and when I had the slider all the way to the left it sounded loud, and when I slid it back to the right it sounded quiet. I then played the same tracks on my AKG earphones and my Beoplay H9s and they both sounded perfectly balanced so it's not the music.

Will be taking them back to my dealer on Monday (will likely ask for a replacement - will mull on it over the rest of the weekend). Quite disappointed because they're otherwise fantastic Sad

Justin9960
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that you are not getting on with them. I popped into my great dealer this afternoon (Chelmsford) and asked to borrow a pair, as I read this helpful thread last night and was a little concerned from reading some of the issues. I am sitting here now listening to them via a MacBook Pro (which having messaged B&O seems touch and go if they'd work) and they sound great and thankfully haven't had any dropouts all evening. If it carries on like this I will be ordering a pair first thing Monday morning.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,506 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:31 PM

Justin9960:

Sorry to hear that you are not getting on with them. I popped into my great dealer this afternoon (Chelmsford) and asked to borrow a pair, as I read this helpful thread last night and was a little concerned from reading some of the issues. I am sitting here now listening to them via a MacBook Pro (which having messaged B&O seems touch and go if they'd work) and they sound great and thankfully haven't had any dropouts all evening. If it carries on like this I will be ordering a pair first thing Monday morning.

Remember! The Bluetooth signal is *much* stronger on your MacBook Pro. To test properly, grab your iPhone and head outside. Strength is reduced, you get outside interference and more. And let’s face it, we’re more likely to use Bluetooth earbuds outdoors walking around....than in our homes.

erockg
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
erockg replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:43 PM

So far so good with my pair.  Used them for 7 hours yesterday.  When they died it took about a half hour to charge them 50%.  Took some calls outdoors and indoors.  No issues.  Still a dropout here and there, but nothing major.  Went for a walk outside and no dropouts with my phone in my right pocket or in my left or right sportscoat pockets.

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL