Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Bang & Olufsen app iPad support now in beta

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 114 Replies | 4 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Fri, Oct 6 2017 3:02 PM

Hi all

I'm happy to announce that iPad support is now available on TestFlight for our beta users. We have been working on this for the last two months and are finally close to completion. The first version will not give you a new UI experience but will make everything work in landscape and portrait. Please try it out and let us know what you think. If you are not yet a beta user and want to become one, please send me a private message through this forum and i will add you. 

Known issues

Player layout can break if orientation changes while on another page

Setup pages for Google Cast and BeoSound Shape are still not working well in landscape

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
116 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Thomas

Forget this question...I got it myself..

The new software for Essence, Core etc support a new function where the TV can use the speakers ...one of my TV's was setup to have integration with another room. 

I changed this and now everything is fine.

BR Rudi

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 25 2017 6:06 PM
Hi Thomas

Have installed the new released app version.

Some feedback:

When I am in the Core home screen (volume and album cover) and I tap the lower left icon I get a list of all devices.

If I tap another device I go to their home screen.

But for BL50 this does not work.

Suggestion: if I tap the BL50 in the choice list then I want to go to the BL50 home screen with the volume and presets.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 25 2017 6:09 PM
And my intermediate compliments to you and your team.

I am impressed with the progress you are making.

- Flere

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
116 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Thomas

Here some ideas for coming release on the Bang & Olufsen App.

1. On the Home screen. If you press a product now you come into product information. It would be nice if there was an option in configuration, so you could choose what happens if you press the products 1) Product Information (as today) or 2) Go to the volume control for that product (for me this is much more needed in daily use)

2. Re-arrange the products in Home screen. Some products are used more often than other, so they must be first on the list (today it is arranged alphabetic).

3. On the Home screen. The products have different spaces - som small squares and other big squares. I suggest that you can decide yourself in the configuration how this grid should be. Special on the iPad version one square on my is half the page - if I could choose small squares I could have all products on one page

4. On the Music screen. I would like to able to re-arrange the section. I would like to have my own playlists on top as well as my favorite albums. etc

Thanks for considering this in coming realses

Hilsen Rudi

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

To 2 and 3 - I’d second that, it would be nice to be able to do this.

P.S. 2 - You can easily rename the product. It might be a workaround for now.

P.S. 3 - Why use these pictures of the products? Why not use the same icon there, that you get when you ‘open’ the product (tapping the arrow right side buttom).

And please, on a black background (or at least black as an option).

This would make the UI look much ‘cleaner’.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

ChrisBerlin
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member

hi all,

my main Problem is, wenn you once share a Beolink Converter NL/ML in a Mulitroom-Setting I have no possibility to change the Volume for it. Do I play the Music only on the BLC you can change it. Do I somethings wrong?

For me the Points 1 and 2 mentioned above are also the most relevant for a next update.

BR Chris

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Fri, Dec 8 2017 2:11 PM
Hi Thomas

The Deezer app supports to see the last played albums or playlists on top.

The B&O app now always shows the albums and playlists in alphabetical order.

It would be nice if one can choose for sorting one time basis, like most recently added on top, or most recently played on top.

- Flere

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

@the app team ;-)

The fat white tile around the radio logos are disturbing.....

.....for the look of the app in a rather dimmed room and it somehow takes too much focus from the other elements in the app ui.

It could be smaller - or perhaps gray, some gray tone (which I personly would prefer).

N.B. Not a good picture - taken with an iPad, but I guess you get my point.

Click it to see all.

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,015 Posts
Bronze Member

Agreed - the white backgrounds in general make the app look unfinished.

Apple Music use white, but there's plenty of colour everywhere on top, so it doesn't look so "unfinished".

But still, Tidal and Spotify use back back grounds - looks infinitely better.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
231 Posts
Bronze Member
I guess it depends on the station logo more than anything else.

It seems that all the stations I listen to have white backgrounds.

By the way, you can create a screenshot by pressing the „off“ button and the home button simultaneously.

Tim

Millemissen:

@the app team ;-)

The fat white tile around the radio logos are disturbing.....

.....for the look of the app in a rather dimmed room and it somehow takes too much focus from the other elements in the app ui.

It could be smaller - or perhaps gray, some gray tone (which I personly would prefer).

N.B. Not a good picture - taken with an iPad, but I guess you get my point.

Click it to see all.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

ngnear:

By the way, you can create a screenshot by pressing the „off“ button and the home button simultaneously.

I sure know that.

But that was not what I wanted.

I have an iPad (Mini) that is dedicated for the Bang & Olufsen app (and Spotify).

It stays on all the time, when I am listening.

That is what I wanted to show.

The ‘problem’ probably isn’t that big when you just use the app on a mobile phone - and also just on and off - for controlling the app.

(This thread is about the iPad support of the app)

Never the less, I guess you will admit that the ui - like Sandbyb also noted - seems unfinished for that part.

My post was meant to be an inspiration for the app team to look at the overall design of the ui.

I guess there are still some things to improve.

This - as an example - is a ui design, that I like - slick and informative, but not candylike.

MM

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

My IPad Pro (12.9 second gen) refuses to connect to my core via B&O app. (Bluetooth is fine but chrome cast does not work either) 

Everyhting was working ok (with the occasional freeze) but now it just refuses to connect. The core is visible but the app can’t connect to it.

My IPhone 8 connects fine.

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

My IPad Pro (12.9 second gen) refuses to connect to my core via B&O app. (Bluetooth is fine but chrome cast does not work either) 

Everyhting was working ok (with the occasional freeze) but now it just refuses to connect. The core is visible but the app can’t connect to it.

My IPhone 8 connects fine.

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

Ignore my previous p[osts. this is an IOS 11 issue. Rebutting the iPad (several times) resolved this problem.

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Mon, Dec 11 2017 6:18 PM
Hi Thomas

I have a Essence2 integrated with an Avant2014.

When I am watching TV on the Avant and I select the Avant as device in the app and then I select Radio in the app then select a radio station nothing happens.

I would have expected the Avant to switch to the internet radio station via the integrated essence.

- Flere

Page 5 of 8 (115 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL