Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Bang & Olufsen app iPad support now in beta

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 114 Replies | 4 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Fri, Oct 6 2017 3:02 PM

Hi all

I'm happy to announce that iPad support is now available on TestFlight for our beta users. We have been working on this for the last two months and are finally close to completion. The first version will not give you a new UI experience but will make everything work in landscape and portrait. Please try it out and let us know what you think. If you are not yet a beta user and want to become one, please send me a private message through this forum and i will add you. 

Known issues

Player layout can break if orientation changes while on another page

Setup pages for Google Cast and BeoSound Shape are still not working well in landscape

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

I noticed that playing content from my NAS using the new app/Essence was almost gapless.

This is very important, if you listen to live/concept albums (and unfortunately not common to most DLNA renderers).

Anyone experienced the same?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,721 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Oct 27 2017 2:45 PM

Millemissen:

I noticed that playing content from my NAS using the new app/Essence was almost gapless.

This is very important, if you listen to live/concept albums (and unfortunately not common to most DLNA renderers).

Anyone experienced the same?

MM

Agree.

It serves the following song really quick.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,800 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sat, Oct 28 2017 12:14 PM

I’ve also noticed the -almost- gapless playback, nice improvement compared to every previous B&O DLNA players!

I’ve got a very annoying bug which is still on the release candidate (just released) : I cannot navigate in a song using the timebar in DLNA : anytime I navigate in a section of the timebar, the music is stopped and I can only put the product to standby and restart to be able to lay music again.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,900 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Oct 28 2017 12:52 PM

mbee:
I cannot navigate in a song using the timebar in DLNA

Are you sure it happens for DLNA tracks? I have the issue with Deezer tracks on the Moment (reported to B&O) but not with DLNA.

What happens is that the music stops for the duration of the jump and resumes after, try moving 30 seconds forward and you should have a 30 sec gap without music befor it resumes.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
116 Posts
Silver Member
Suggested by Rudi Pedersen

Hi Thomas

The B&O App is not working with iPhone X.

The layout in the screen is mixed up and some of the menus are not working

BR Rudi

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member

Hej Rudy

Working on a fix. It should be on testflight this week.

Br

Thomas

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 2:03 PM
Hi Thomas,

When I use the B&O app for a system which comprises a Core connected via optical to a BL50.

How is the volume control then done?

Core set to fixed level out and volume control in the BL50.

Do I then need to switch screens between Core and BL50 to control volume or control tracks etc?

Or

Core set to volume controlled out and BL50 set to ????

What does B&O recommend for the system comprising of

B&O App BeoSound Core -optical- BeoLab 50

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 3:50 PM
Flere:
Hi Thomas,

When I use the B&O app for a system which comprises a Core connected via optical to a BL50.

How is the volume control then done?

Core set to fixed level out and volume control in the BL50.

Do I then need to switch screens between Core and BL50 to control volume or control tracks etc?

Or

Core set to volume controlled out and BL50 set to ????

What does B&O recommend for the system comprising of

B&O App BeoSound Core -optical- BeoLab 50

OK, so now I have a Core on loan. Connected the Core via Optical to the BL50.

BL50 and Core can communicate on 96KHz via optical.

When the Core optical out volume control is enabled then the BL50 wake up but there is no sound from the BL50.

When the Core optical out volume control is disabled then the BL50 wake up and there is sound from the BL50.

This means that for the volume control you then need to switch to the BL50 part of the app. This takes too much time each time. Maybe this is solved in the new app update?

Also now the Essence remote wheelie cannot be used to control the Core - BL50 volume.

Not a perfect solution yet.

- Flere

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Nov 18 2017 6:18 PM

Hi Tomas,

If the BeoSound Core is connected via optical to the BL50, then the B&O App should in the Core screen sync the volume/mute setting with the BL50.

- Flere

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
394 Posts
Bronze Member
Rudi Pedersen:

Hi Thomas

The B&O App is not working with iPhone X.

The layout in the screen is mixed up and some of the menus are not working

BR Rudi

The app seems marvellous on iPhone X now!!! Hurrah.

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
221 Posts
Bronze Member

Regarding the BL50 and the Core

When you attach a Core with Power Link or a TV with Wireless Power Link then it is the source that controls the volume not the speakers. When the next version arrives we will make it easier to see which product is controlling the volume in the UI

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
116 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Thomas

Yes, the app is now working with my iPhone X.

When I updated few days ago something strange happened. One of the rooms was gone and is now "integrated" with a V1 TV ?? I can see the room in Products, but it is gone in the Home page

What happened here ??

BR Rudi

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
116 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Thomas

Yes, the app is now working with my iPhone X.

When I updated few days ago something strange happened. One of the rooms was gone and is now "integrated" with a V1 TV ?? I can see the room in Products, but it is gone in the Home page

What happened here ??

BR Rudi

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Thu, Nov 23 2017 11:53 AM
MrAndersen:

Regarding the BL50 and the Core

When you attach a Core with Power Link or a TV with Wireless Power Link then it is the source that controls the volume not the speakers. When the next version arrives we will make it easier to see which product is controlling the volume in the UI

WPL makes the BL50 single source.

PL is already used for the BV connection.

I want to use the Core as a digital source for the BL50.

Therefore the Optical connection between the Core and the BL50

- Flere

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
338 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Thu, Nov 23 2017 11:55 AM
Hi Thomas,

If you are planning/working on improving the B&O app usability and support for the configuration

BeoSound Core - optical - BL50

Then I volunteer as beta tester.

- Flere

Page 4 of 8 (115 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL