Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Were "rabbit ear" antennae ever sold for the Beomaster 7000?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member
MrRoast posted on Mon, Aug 14 2017 6:53 PM
Or indeed any of the pizza-box design Beomasters?

I've seen ones for the Ouverture/2500 but no idea if they are compatible with my 7000.

Anyone know of such a thing?

All Replies

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Aug 14 2017 9:44 PM

I don't think there is a mounting bracket on the 7000?

Peter

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member
MrRoast replied on Mon, Aug 14 2017 10:53 PM
Thanks Peter - I've only seen the "vintage" rabbit ears and agree there isn't a similar mount, however, my old Ouverture didn't have an obvious mount for the corresponding aerial so just wondered if there may have been a specific adaptor.

Hmm, maybe I could fabricate something?

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,185 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Aug 15 2017 12:10 AM

I'm going to stick my neck out and say no, there is no such mount.

Lee

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,106 Posts
Bronze Member

... and if there was I'd still prefer a simple $7 dipole wire antenna.  A rabbit-ear antenna, being rigid, is adjustable in a limited number of positions.  A dipole wire antenna, on the other hand, is adjustable in an infinite number of positions.  Important benefit in picking up weak radio stations in difficult listening environments such as Manhattan/NYC.

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
670 Posts
Bronze Member
There is a suitable mounting slot on the rear of my 6500. Lifting the slatted cover to the cable entry section reveals a slot at the top right of the metal work into which a 'rabbit ears' aerial can slide.

Cleve
MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
338 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks all

@ MediaBobNY - you're totally right, but for me I think it would definitely look the part!

@ Cleviebaby - interesting! I'll have to take another good look at the back of my 7000. Just checked my 4500 and there appears to be some kind of mount there next to the FM socket so fingers crossed!

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,188 Posts
Bronze Member

Cleviebaby:
There is a suitable mounting slot on the rear of my 6500. Lifting the slatted cover to the cable entry section reveals a slot at the top right of the metal work into which a 'rabbit ears' aerial can slide.

Cleve

I agree with Cleve re 6500 aerial slot so I guess there is one on the 7000 since they are the same box.

Trouble is the cable on a standard rabbit ears is not quite long enough to reach the socket.

I did have one with a longer cable so they must have made one at some time in the past.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL