BEOVISION ECLIPSE

This post has 2,445 Replies | 21 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,097
Gold Member
Mikipidia:

If you’re going to have the entire front on(not 100% recommended) you need to set the center 20cm furter than it actually is and set the two sides atleast at minus 2db if not -3db.

Also what sound type do you use? Cinema/drama/sports?

And have you remeasure everything with the distances and also with a db meter(phone app is fine)? New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Hi there

So you recommend to only have the center one on like in the avant?

I used to have adaptive on the avant so it took care of it when needed I think.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,097
Gold Member
I setup a new speaker group and it’s better.

Configured my rear speakers as surround and now back.

Voice is higher.

Change the Apple TV resolution to 4K 50hz as that’s for Europe apparently.

I noticed that the Apple TV behaves much worse than it did before but maybe because it’s inside the TV compartment.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 539
Gold Member
Hi,

As Mikipidia already said, make sure you use the correct sound mode for speech, mine is on Drama when TV is playing (movie for Netflix).

I have enhanced the sound setting in drama mode for improvement of speech and sound.

In speaker groups, startup I use all three speaker channels and have set them left - center - right. Distance settings all same numbers and speaker level all on 0dB.

I have tried the speaker level settings as mentioned by Mikipidia (and advised by Geoff) but didn’t notice a big difference.

I do not notice the sound signature as you describe, maybe this is due to all channels are in center mode.

Do you always use the surround mode for music, movie and tv?

Not sure this helps Smile

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,097
Gold Member
Hay

As per Erik advice I will factory restore at the Weeknd and start again but it’s OK for now.

For example contrast is at 100.

Sounds is good Nie after mikipedia advise but I need to measure properly at the weekend.

Question since using the BT remote, is it no longer possible to change the order of the list for TV? I want to put homecontrol back at the top.

And for good measure not cable free just yet but here you go

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,097
Gold Member
Many thanks To Matt and Lee for installing and sorting everything so quickly and for fixing the fret on my Old Lab 6000

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,097
Gold Member
Evening all

Well after a few days with the Eclipse 65 I say the below things as it’s been a week.

I don’t miss the avant to be honest the upgrade of picture is excellent

WebOS on the TV is amazing and faster than any B&O TV

Netflix is great.

I only use my Apple TV now fit film rental.

I don’t miss the electronic curtains at all because the TV turning on and off is super fast

The TV still has the iconic click of speakers turning on and off

Homecontrol is slower than the avant 55

You can connect a SKY HD dish directly to the TV and it will access freeview and importantly can filter by HD channels.

The TV is stunning

Sound takes some getting used too and I am not fully there yet. I seem to have the set up higher due to lower than normal voice and there is so much more surround sound noise now.

Happy reading Big Smile

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 62 of 62 (2446 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL