rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 4 Followers

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sun, Aug 13 2017 6:57 PM

Indeed!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,154
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Aug 13 2017 8:23 PM

Puncher:

Maybe the UK "flagship" store will soon be in Eastbourne!

I somehow doubt that! Laughing

I'm not running up to arguing a point for Loewe, but it's not "4x" when it comes to pricing...

Your standard LG 55" OLED from Currys is £2,499 (on sale - previously £2,999) - Here

... and your Loewe Bild 5 OLED with the 4-Series Chassis is £2,999 - Here

The Loewe has a 1Tb Hard Drive inside, as well as a 5.1 Decoder.  

So, the price difference of Loewe over LG, Samsung etc isn't huge. It's almost comparable!

Just saying....

Lee

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,154
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Aug 13 2017 8:51 PM

Simonbeo:

Visiting the Design Museum in Kensington yesterday I looked across the road to see that their http://www.loewe-uk.com/uk/gallery/uk-gallerys/kensington.html flagship store has closed. Obviously everybody is finding things tough and that location was well sited for design conscious shoppers to see after a visit to the new museum. 

For the record, it was a Bang & Olufsen dealership before that... which closed down.

This then begs the question that the location may not actually be suited to an AV store.

Either that, or high end electronics retail in Kensington is finished!  If that's the case, we may as well all pack our bags and find another career as this is one of the wealthiest areas in London.

Lee

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,187
Bronze Member

Just imagine the amount of stuff that you would need to shift, just to pay the rent and rates in that location!

Regards Graham

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Sun, Aug 13 2017 9:45 PM

*Chuckles* thats my favourite setting when am having a soak in the tub on a lazy weekend!

Errr "Savannah Sunset" that is, not the alternative theme suggested Big Smile

But hey good luck from your furthest reaching customer, hope all goes well and we'll drop by on our next northerly adventure Travel

9 LEE:

It's a Philips Hue preset called "Savannah Sunset"

It's actually oranges and yellows - but yes, on the image it looks more like an "Amsterdam Midnight" 

I'll have a mess about with the 'themes' Big Smile

Lee

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 780
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Puncher:

Maybe the UK "flagship" store will soon be in Eastbourne!

I somehow doubt that! Laughing

I'm not running up to arguing a point for Loewe, but it's not "4x" when it comes to pricing...

Your standard LG 55" OLED from Currys is £2,499 (on sale - previously £2,999) - Here

... and your Loewe Bild 5 OLED with the 4-Series Chassis is £2,999 - Here

The Loewe has a 1Tb Hard Drive inside, as well as a 5.1 Decoder.  

So, the price difference of Loewe over LG, Samsung etc isn't huge. It's almost comparable!

Just saying....

Lee

Not quite comparable when you factor in stand, bracket and speaker options, but still cheaper than B&O. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,154
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Aug 15 2017 12:16 AM

BAND'OH!:

Not quite comparable when you factor in stand, bracket and speaker options, but still cheaper than B&O. Simon.

But surely if you factored in a stand, bracket and speaker options for the LG that would push the price up too, wouldn't it?

That's like comparing a stock standard Audi A4 with a stock standard BMW 3-Series, then saying 'aah, but if you add the pro-media, B&O and S-Line kit to the Audi A4 then it's not quite comparable....'

I compared like for like. No hiding anything.

Anyway, I'm not getting into any Loewe vs B&O arguments. I just wanted to show Loewe vs Mass Market wasn't as bad as people may think.

Lee

kai
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 329
Bronze Member
kai replied on Tue, Aug 15 2017 8:58 AM
I have been told that the Bango panel is the same as the loewe tv but when the Bango tv switches on it comes on with the lg logo the reason is lg now build the tv for Bango is this correct?
Page 3 of 3 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL