Normal (not net) Radio?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
165 Posts
Bronze Member
Calvin posted on Mon, Jul 3 2017 2:17 PM

We're planning a move and I'd thought about selling my Century and buying something new. Partly just for a change and partly because I'm scared of breaking the glass moving it! Anyway, I was looking over the last few years of products and it looks like anything similar is designed to work off a net subscription service or be a bluetooth speaker linked to your iphone, or am I missing the wood for the trees here?

It's for the kitchen/diner and I really don't need much more than Radio4 in the morning and the ability to put on a few other things from time to time when I'm cooking.  I'd thought about may be a BeoSound 3 which you can pick up on eBay but am I right in my analysis of the current audio range?

All Replies

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
1,106 Posts
Bronze Member

That, or the Beosound 1 (not the current one), which was the smaller, glassless successor to your Century.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,452 Posts
Bronze Member
If space permits you could wall mount a Beocenter 6-26 TV (hd ready, check serial number) and attach a Amazon Fire TV stick (with converter) to it. So you'd have FM radio plus lots of internet media...

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
Just pull the glass off the system and move it like that it won't break then.

If you have a working Century keep it !
Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
846 Posts
Silver Member

Just to add, that it does seem that all of the modern range is aimed at streaming and internet radio. However plenty of the older stuff can be adapted cheaply to keep up - for example your century could just have an airplay device connected to the aux input and then you are upto date! I have vintage equipment that is connected so that I can airplay to it.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL