Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision 4-103 stand problem

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 0 Followers

politician
Top 500 Contributor
159 Posts
Bronze Member
politician posted on Mon, Apr 24 2017 6:58 PM

My BV4-103 is being a little odd tonight, and won't go up on its motorised stand when I turn it on, though the picture and sound appear as normal. I'm assuming the connection between the stand and the BeoSystem 3 has worked loose, but I can't find it, Where does it connect?

All Replies

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,468 Posts
Founder
Should be described in the manual of the Beosystem 3.

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount. Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
94 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by zerocool143

Can you check the back side of the TV and see under the TV if there is a blinking red light.

If there is, then there is an error with the stand. You must use the service tool software to remove that error.

Better call you local dealer and ask for support.

Cheers!

politician
Top 500 Contributor
159 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your very helpful response. I've had a quick look and cannot see a blinking red light. I've done a little troubleshooting with some telephone support from my friends at Lifestyle AV, and we think we've identified the problem: the cable connecting the BeoSystem 3 to the floor stand has frayed, so the command is not getting through. The challenge now will be getting hold of my dealer so he can come out and replace it.

politician
Top 500 Contributor
159 Posts
Bronze Member

You were absolutely right — it was a software fault, with three red lights blinking underneath the TV. The problem is that my dealer cannot get the service tool to connect to the stand — it simply refuses to recognise it. We're starting to wonder whether the PCB in the stand has failed. Does anybody have any ideas how to solve this?

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,148 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Jul 11 2017 7:24 PM

If the cable has frayed, maybe it's shorted some wires and nuked the PCB... Erm..

If it's basically a monster 7-40 stand, the PCB will be in the base, under the aluminium cover.  I'm at home so don't have access to the service manual, but that's (logically) where it would be.

Lee

politician
Top 500 Contributor
159 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Lee! From what we can tell, the cable doesn't have anything to do with the problem: it's a straightforward software fault (the stand detected an obstacle and auto-locked). We just can't get the service tool to connect to the stand.

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
94 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Lee! From what we can tell, the cable doesn't have anything to do with the problem: it's a straightforward software fault (the stand detected an obstacle and auto-locked). We just can't get the service tool to connect to the stand.

[/quote]

hrfKx[quote user="politician"]

Bro you need to force to load the software. I have encountered that before. Just try and give it a shot. Let me know if it helps.

politician
Top 500 Contributor
159 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the feedback. How would we do a "force load"? The problem is that the service tool is not recognising the stand (or vice versa) at all, so my dealer and I are at an impasse.

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
94 Posts
Bronze Member

Just put check on the Force load and let it upload the software even if its not recognizing the stand. The trick is the force load should be check. Just try and give it a shot.Cool

Dellittef
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

thank you very much zerocool... i've never thought about this myself but it does seems to be legit. i haven't yet tried it but maybe im gonna come back with an update later. definitely gonna give it a shot but... right now i barely can do anything since i have to search for hgh pharmacy because of my health issues... that is why i wanted to ask you... would you mind if i am going to have some questions to ask you? thanks!

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
94 Posts
Bronze Member

Yeah Sure! feel free to ask me questions. maybe I can give suggestions that might help you.

politician
Top 500 Contributor
159 Posts
Bronze Member

Stand is displaying an error message again (which seems to happen about once a year). Should be easy enough to clear, as once we worked out how to do it, it took 10 minutes with the Service Tool on the previous two occasions. This time round, the red light is flashing twice rather than three times, so we're clearly in "error mode 2" rather than "error mode 3". Does anybody with access to BeoWise know whether this is resolved in the same way (i.e. clearing the fault using the Service Tool)?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL