Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Using a US Beovision in the U.K.?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

jjihonor
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
jjihonor posted on Tue, Apr 18 2017 12:09 PM

Hi there. Does anyone know if there will be a compatibility problem using a Beovision 11 bought in America here in the U.K.  Voltage reads 100-230v at the back so no power issues.  Are there other (nasty) surprises though like PAL tv system, etc?

thanks

John

All Replies

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
220 Posts
Silver Member
Suggested by Langleyav

John

The UK has no analogue TV transmissions,  so if you have no inbuilt digital tuner, you will need an external receiver connected to a scart socket.

Ron

jjihonor
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi. Thanks for responding.  I imagine you are referring to terrestrial tv.  I'm assuming things like Sky box, blue ray player, etc can be used via hdmi without issues.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
817 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:16 AM

I would confirm the voltage with B&O as we are 250V - probably need something to supress any spikes - also we are 50Hz and US 60Hz - don;t know if it makes any difference to a TV but it does to clocks etc. Anyway, to be on the safe side I would check with B&O before plugging it in - unless advised otherwise by someone who has had experience of it.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
The country formerly known as the United Kingdom
146 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Wed, Apr 19 2017 11:26 AM

Actually we're 240V officially.  230V unofficially so as to be compatible with our neighbours on the continent.

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,164 Posts
Founder

In my view you will not have any problems with the mains power because B&O have been using global Power supplies for sometime.

However, I think one of the main issues you will face is the wireless Powerlink as they vary by country/group of countries. The US uses what B&O call the WPL HF variant called HF1 and Europe including the UK use HF2. This is linked to the approved frequencies in each country.

Regards Keith....

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
817 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Apr 19 2017 2:43 PM

Ahh - 240v learn something new every day - no sure why I thought it was 250.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL