rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Mike Rudinsky
Not Ranked
Seattle, WA USA
15 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guys:
I have recently become a silver member and have downloading service docs and have been reading a lot of the posts on this Forum.  I can see what a valuable resource this site is!!   I have always loved the look of B&O products bu recently purchased some vintage audio products.  I got a Beomaster 2000, Beogram CD X and Beovox S45 speakers with stands. All of them work great, but I am just getting to know them and will be exploring them in more detail...

My question is re the Beogram CD X type 5123, built March 86.  It is very nice sounding.  But I have noticed something weird re the EJECT and LOAD actions.  The Dust cover opens as it should, and closes based on slight pressure against the dust cover; holding the STOP button down for 2 seconds; and pressing the PLAY button.

The problem is that the CD platter never lifts up when the dustcover is opened.

I downloaded the service docs and found the picture of the platter with a prominent "tounge" that should fit underneath the eject bar.   Cannot add a picture of the section of doc

Mine does not have a tongue like that.  It is at most a 1/4 inch.  The edge is somewhat rougher than elsewhere so it could have been removed at some time.  See picture.  I can see the eject bar moving without the platter in place and the toungue would have to be about 2 inches to reach it during opening.

Question:

1)  Did they change the design at some point and have an alternate method of raising the platter?  And my unit is in some halfway from method one to method two?

2)  If there was only one type of platter and mine has been cut up, any thoughts on fixing it?  Are there good platters out there to use as replacements?

Thanks in Advance!!! 

Mike

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,974 Posts
Founder
Verified by Mike Rudinsky

You plate is broken.
It should look like this:
https://beoparts.com/2016/03/03/beogram-cdx-cd-disc-lifter-plate-3458401/

Martin

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,974 Posts
Founder
Verified by Mike Rudinsky

You plate is broken.
It should look like this:
https://beoparts.com/2016/03/03/beogram-cdx-cd-disc-lifter-plate-3458401/

Martin

Mike Rudinsky
Not Ranked
Seattle, WA USA
15 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin:
Thanks for the quick answer and information.  
I will contact that web site.

Very weird that the flange either was removed or broke off.  I did not find any chunks of plastic bouncing around inside the CD X...

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,837 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Fri, Apr 7 2017 12:56 PM
Mike Rudinsky:

Hi Martin: I will contact that web site.

You already have Stick out tongue

Jacques

Mike Rudinsky
Not Ranked
Seattle, WA USA
15 Posts
Bronze Member

Apparently the world is a very small place!

Mike Rudinsky
Not Ranked
Seattle, WA USA
15 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guys:
Just a quick status and photo.  I did receive the non broken platter for the CD X in the mail from Martin and last weekend found some time to switch them out.  I did apply a tiny amount of lubricant on the connectors to assist in snapping the piece into place.
Everything works fine.

Thanks very much Martin!!!

Looks like this when opened.

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
740 Posts
Gold Member
Nice work
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL