rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 2 Followers

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
857 Posts
Bronze Member
seethroughyou posted on Sun, Jan 15 2017 2:50 AM
I am close to pulling the trigger on a used ex-demo pair but there is a niggling worry. This is a big trigger to pull and I never envisaged spending this sort of money but these are without any shadow the best loudspeaker I have ever heard having spent the last two years auditioning the likes of Magico Q, Sonus Faber, Living Voice, Cessaro, Giya to mention a few. In 15 years from now when these speakers come to EOL, where will I be left if a driver/s or the DSP or one of the 36 DACs fail. Foam rot on a Beolab 8000 is now looking like a minor and easily solvable problem in comparison. B&O only stock spare parts for so long. The thought of an unserviceable 137kg speaker sends shivers down my spine! Confused

All Replies

davidr
Top 500 Contributor
Montréal
172 Posts
Bronze Member
davidr replied on Mon, Jan 16 2017 9:28 PM

seethroughyou:
I don't honestly think B&O will stock spares once they end of line it. It's super expensive stocking spare parts and unlike Mercedes who make a mint servicing and selling spares this is not B&O's business focus or forte.

For whatever it is worth, recently I had my Beolab 2 serviced and its main board replaced. These have not been sold for years and still parts are available; like a Mercedes not cheap at all.Indifferent

Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL