rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 0 Followers

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
171 Posts
Gold Member
kimhav posted on Sun, Jan 8 2017 7:50 PM

What is going on here, I'm suddenly getting all the time that my posts has to be moderated?!

"Post Pending Moderation
You have posted to a forum that requires a moderator to approve posts before they are publicly available.
If the administrator has configured this forum to support email notifications you will receive an email when your post is either approved or denied (if you have emails enabled in your profile)."

All Replies

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,058 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 10:27 PM

It's the word 'container' which was repeated so many times the filter got suspicious and sent your posts for moderation.

We get spam attempts almost on a daily basis which contain the same multiple words which relate to medical drugs, services of a dubious nature, and also items for import. We decided (I seem to remember) that three mentions of the same word should be marked as suspicious and needing moderator approval.

I'm sorry this caused inconvenience and upset, but we continually try our best to keep this forum spam free for the enjoyment of our members. It is our goal to keep the forum free-flowing and problem free.

Sometimes the trap we set for the spammers can be inadvertently sprung on innocent people, of which you are one. Please accept our apologies for this.

Your posts have been approved and are now there for all to read.

Smile

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
171 Posts
Gold Member

Okay, I'll then just try to avoid the C*nt**n*r word then :-)

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,342 Posts
Bronze Member

I wonder if the majority of us, if there is an option to do so, be added to a "safe senders" or a "white list" and automatically post? 

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,164 Posts
Founder

Aussie Michael:

I wonder if the majority of us, if there is an option to do so, be added to a "safe senders" or a "white list" and automatically post? 

I can confirm that I can set users not to be moderated on a case by case basis.

Generally speaking, if a member has only posted a few times typically less than 10 times over a 6 month period then they are left as "May be moderated" and members who have posted less than 5 times are always set to "May be Moderated"

Because this is not an automated process, it's up to us to check on a case by case basis..

Regards Keith....

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,164 Posts
Founder

kimhav:

Okay, I'll then just try to avoid the C*nt**n*r word then :-)

I can confirm that I have set your account to "Do not moderate", but please take care when posting...

Regards Keith....

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,352 Posts
Silver Member

Once you get the feeling that you are being singled out for special moderation you soon give up posting.

If a post held for moderation is not quickly addressed it soon loses relevance, particularly if the fopic has moved far down the list.

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,352 Posts
Silver Member

And my comment here about moderation has gone to moderation!

Killmouski
Not Ranked
A hot tin roof in Stockholm
49 Posts
Bronze Member

That's moderately annoying

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL