rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 16 Replies | 2 Followers

stuart50_1
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
stuart50_1 posted on Sat, Jan 7 2017 1:36 PM

HI,

I recently had my Beovision 6 DVB MK3 updated by the dealer. On the software update it has damaged the DVB tuner and it is no longer functional. The dealer seems to think it is acceptable for him to strap a Freeview box onto the back of the TV and is under the impression that it is a suitable solution. The dealer has told me that the parts to repair it are no longer available, what do you think my legal position is in regards to a replacement TV?

Regards,

Stuart

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
903 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by stuart50_1

9 LEE:
However, I'm not certain how the SW could be uploaded if the module is corrupted?  Can you force it through?

Sometimes... and the engineer may have already tried this, but gven the DVB-HD software is available for customer download, I'm currently talking the OP through this procedure by email.

Martin.

All Replies

Aegnor
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Great to hear the SW update worked! 

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
903 Posts
Bronze Member

Aegnor:
One thing caught my attention... is the MK3-version of DVB-HD compatible with BeoVision 6-26" (or BeoCenter 6-26")?

The television in question this time was the BV6-26 mk4 (with HDMI input) - many of which were sold with the original DVB HD module installed. They are a great TV and you don't see many of them around unfortunately so it was especially good to get this one working fully again.

None of the BV6/BC6 range (even the mk4) will support the mk3 DVB-HD tuner though as far as I am aware.

Martin.

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL