32 Posts
Bronze Member
mgluba posted on Thu, Jan 5 2017 6:58 PM

Hi,

Looking for advice

I would like to buy the turntable for my set :

Beosound Moment

Beolab 20's

Can anyone suggest turntable make etc ..

Many Thanks

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
770 Posts
Bronze Member
I like the direction Jeff went. The Beograms with the later MMC cartridges are just superb daily players. I use mine daily, often used for greater than 8hrs at a time. The perfect start/stop with minimal fuss is great. The B&O video CB linked about using a pro-ject turntable and all fuss about insulating from vibration, to the point of removing the dust cover.

The Beograms' isolation from vibration is superb! Recently I had my floor repaired, pounding stomping etc, the Beogram 9000 10 feet away didn't miss a beat but I couldn't play a CD in the apartment due to skipping.

For the cost, I'd avoid the Beograms with built in RIAA preamps and go external, easily hidden from sight and gives you more options.

Once you decide on a style Beogram you like I'd go with a restored MMC2 or soundsmith SMMC3, both are phenomenal. No fuss about alignment or flimsy anti-skate weight hanging. Just plug in the cart and go. For years, the ultra low mass MMC cartridge is gentle on your records and far exceed the 300hour lifespan of a typical stylus.

Finding a great example of the turntable you want won't be hard but won't be as easy as buying off Amazon.

All Replies

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,651 Posts
Gold Member
I will once I am home as I also live in Utrecht Stick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,651 Posts
Gold Member

dm sent btw, last Saturday i think :p

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL