Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Best speakers for Beosound 9000?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Martín
Not Ranked
Canada
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Martín posted on Wed, Jan 4 2017 2:32 AM

As I'm about to purchase my Beosound 9000 unit, the question is now what could be the best -reasonable priced, option for speakers. I'm not an audiophile expert, I just want to enjoy good quality sound at home. And yes, to have the Bluetooth capability too.

So far, I've read pretty much all the specs and reviews. Since all systems are out of production by now, seems to me that I'll have no choice but to get second hand speakers. And according to most Beocentral reviews I read, they all have their flaws.

If I understood correctly, the de-facto companion were the Beosound 8000 / 8002. I also see the Beosound 6000 / 6002 option, the Penta and the smaller Beolab 4000 (which doesn't seem to support Bluetooth). And the Beolab 1.

So, dear forum members, much appreciated if you could provide me with some advice on a good direction to take with my speakers selection.

Cheers,

Martin

All Replies

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,358 Posts
Silver Member

Hi

A pair of bl8000 and a beoplay s8 sub are a good choice for a reasonable price. That's what I have choosen for a friend and he is plainly satisfied.

Iconic speakers for an iconic player.

beolab 5, beolab 9, beolab 3, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000, beolab 3500, IWS 2000, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beotime, beogram 7000 white mmc2, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
986 Posts
Bronze Member

Martín:

As I'm about to purchase my Beosound 9000 unit, the question is now what could be the best -reasonable priced, option for speakers. I'm not an audiophile expert, I just want to enjoy good quality sound at home. And yes, to have the Bluetooth capability too.

So far, I've read pretty much all the specs and reviews. Since all systems are out of production by now, seems to me that I'll have no choice but to get second hand speakers. And according to most Beocentral reviews I read, they all have their flaws.

If I understood correctly, the de-facto companion were the Beosound 8000 / 8002. I also see the Beosound 6000 / 6002 option, the Penta and the smaller Beolab 4000 (which doesn't seem to support Bluetooth). And the Beolab 1.

So, dear forum members, much appreciated if you could provide me with some advice on a good direction to take with my speakers selection.

Cheers,

Martin

None of the above contains Bluetooth, so you will need an external Bluetooth receiver connected to the BS9000.

/Weebyx

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
817 Posts
Silver Member

I think a lot depends on the size of the room it is in and distance you are from them. I found BL8000 and Sub in a small room to not be effective - BL4000 are most likely a better bet in a small room and BL8000 and sub or Penta's good for a larger room. Pentas are more likely to need work unless they are restored because of their age and the midrange units need refoaming. BL6000 are ok bit the BL8000 much better and match the BS9000 better imo.

As mentioned non contain bluetooth and you have plenty of options with connecting either a bluetooth receiver to the Aux In or Wireless streaming.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,512 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Martin,

Whilst connecting the speakers wirelessly is always tempting, you will usually get better results at a lower cost by using a simple cable connection directly from the Beosound to the speakers.  This costs less and doesn't give the patchy sound quality (distortion, delays, drop-outs, etc) that you can get with bluetooth.

Even if you need to ask a local decorator to assist you in hiding the cables within the room, wiring is usually still the cheapest option!  If you need any help finding the right cables for your system, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

davidr
Top 500 Contributor
Montréal
168 Posts
Bronze Member

olvisab:
Iconic speakers for an iconic player.

Yes. They were made around the same time, hence the matching design language. Also reason they are nearly always pictured together.

BL8000 are a very decent set and for the (second hand) price are not a bad choice. I would not go for the BL6000 if considering BL8000.

Bit higher up would be BL3 and a sub of some sort like BL2 / BL11.

Personally I find the BL4000 boring and small; would not make the same 'statement'. But in a small space like bookshelf or table could be fine, however you've got a BS9000 so...

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,207 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 5:44 PM
davidr:

Yes. They were made around the same time, hence the matching design language. Also reason they are nearly always pictured together.

They are also exactly the same height if you use the floor stand which looks good.
Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,897 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 8:03 PM

The obvious speakers are clearly Beolab 8000s. I am however a big fan of 4000s - super sound and good mounting options - rather depends on what you want - statement piece in statement room - 8000s - speakers for a normal family room - 4000s on the wall. They will still be commented on. An interesting option would be 5000s of course.

Peter

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,460 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 8:31 PM

I've seen the BS9000 horizontally wall mounted with BL4000s wall mounted on each side of it, all the wires hidden, and it looked stunning. You could also add a BL11 wall mounted and wires hidden and it'd be just gorgeous looking. I have used my BS9000 with BL8000s, at first in my last house with the BS9000 vertically wall mounted on the opposite wall from the 8000s. When I moved, for a while I had it mounted on the floor stand with the 8000s on each side, which is an iconic arrangement that looks more like a modern sculpture than a stereo.

After moving it to my large living room, the 8000s got lost sonically so I moved them to the dining room on Masterlink, and replaced them with BL9s. I love the 9s, but visually the 8000s are in my opinion the best visually with the 9000. The 9000 is on the stand in the living room, I like the way it looks on the floor stand, and the walls are very difficult to run wires through so I opted for that rather than wall mounting it, though I considered the table mount for a while.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Martín
Not Ranked
Canada
13 Posts
Bronze Member

I'd like to thank you all for your very generous and valuable advice, much appreciated!

My take out: Most probably will go for the BL8000 -for a classic configuration, wired, but try to add Bluetooth module for my daughter's iPhone.

Again, thanks a lot guys!

Cheers,

Martin

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
100 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Thu, Jan 5 2017 3:21 AM
Hi, I do have BeoSound 9000 with BeoLab 1 and Pentas, I love it, but a friend have 9000 with BeoLab 3 and BeoLab 2. And anytime I listen to his System I found it very very interesting. I never own the BeoLab 3 but I'm beginning to love it now. If not then I'll say, consider BeoLab 17 which is New and it has good sound as well. Good Luck!!

DeLorean18m
Not Ranked
Valencia CA USA
4 Posts
Bronze Member

For my beosound 9000 I have Beolab 8000s hooked up to it.  I also bought a beolink to 3.5mm jack converter for the Aux feature on the Beosound 9000.  I can use it to connect an external Blue tooth receiver which works ok. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL