Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoSound Essence MKII - Bluetooth pairing to remote is lost

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 50 Replies | 3 Followers

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
326 Posts
Gold Member
Flere posted on Tue, Jan 3 2017 6:38 PM

Now it turns out that even the BeoSound Essence 2 is suffering from B&O software problems.

I have a BeoSound Essence 2 which is paired to a Essence remote (wheely).

Every few days suddenly the Essence does not respond anymore to the remote.

In the set-up app it still says the remote is paired.

The only remedy is to de-pair, then power cycle the Essence, then pair again.

Problem has been acknowledged by BeoCare. 

Yet another software problem which takes ages to solve and totally destroys the value of the system.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

All Replies

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Aug 6 2017 4:59 AM

davidr:

The Essence is (or will be announced) to be EoL, replaced by Beosound Core which is positive. So hopefully a trade-in for this defective product can be arranged?

B&O don't feel the Essence is defective at all, actually. I do hope, however, that once the Core is launched, perhaps there will be deals / trade in offers. I'm curious if there's a Next Gen Moment in the works? I've given up on thinking B&O will offer an actual sound system with local storage any longer.

David
Not Ranked
UK
21 Posts
Silver Member
David replied on Tue, Aug 15 2017 5:27 PM

Anyone know a release date for the core ?

very keen to start using the essence remotes in my house, but dont want to buy an Essence, given all probs everyone having, would rather wait for the core.

i presume release date is tied in with the BeoSound Shape, as that uses the core ?

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,536 Posts
Bronze Member

davidr:

The Essence is (or will be announced) to be EoL, replaced by Beosound Core which is positive. So hopefully a trade-in for this defective product can be arranged?

Sadly, it's not just the Essence that has the connectivity problems with the remote. There are also the same issues with the BeoSound 1 and the BeoPlay A6 (and probably other products). BeoCare has acknowledged the problem. So has my dealer. My dealer has suggested holding off on buying any more Essence Remotes until after the launch of the Shape. He said that it would be a horrible embarrassment for B&O (like it isn't already??) if they can't get the remote issues sorted for when the Shape is launched. While my dealer hasn't confirmed that there would be a hardware revision of the remote, I for one am waiting JUST IN CASE there is. With the few Essence Remotes that I currently have, I could put them into IR mode and repurpose them to use with my B&O IR products.

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member

Have tried resetting the lot and starting again and while one essence and remote did play happy for a day, it's back to normal now :(

The pucks are so beautiful and such an elegant UI solution that it seems insane that B&O can't get the software working! :(

RickOZ
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
RickOZ replied on Tue, Aug 29 2017 9:23 AM

Hi guys just a little bit of an update on this topic

I recently emailed BeoCare  one final time, 

1 To explain how disappointed I’ve been with the Essence stability and now the Bluetooth issue, also how poor it is to have a major software problem like the Bluetooth problem and them taking such a long time to resolve it.  

2  Now they accept there is an issue with the Essence is there any truth to the rumour, Essence owners would be given some kind of trading for the Beosound Core.

I finished with, I’d be very unlikely to purchase any more B&O technical products based on repeated software issues.  Which is a shame as I would love to add more products to my network, like the BeoSound 1 and 2 but I have no faith in them working properly all the time.

Surprisingly a week or so later I had a phone call  from a technical support guy in Sydney B&O explaining he was currently testing a software update for the Essence specifically to fix the Bluetooth issue, and had  confidence it was a robust fit. 

He explained it will take a little while for final  approval from HQ but should be rolled out sometime in September. 

He didn’t know anything about the BeoSound Core or if they were even going to offer it as a stand-alone product.

I also explained I have issues connecting any Bluetooth device which was my main issue months ago and it sounds like I may have a faulty unit, which might be out of warranty because it’s taken so long to figure  Bluetooth issue out ..  LOL  

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
425 Posts
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Tue, Aug 29 2017 10:56 AM
RickOZ:

Hi guys just a little bit of an update on this topic

I recently emailed BeoCare one final time,

1 To explain how disappointed I’ve been with the Essence stability and now the Bluetooth issue, also how poor it is to have a major software problem like the Bluetooth problem and them taking such a long time to resolve it.

2 Now they accept there is an issue with the Essence is there any truth to the rumour, Essence owners would be given some kind of trading for the Beosound Core.

I finished with, I’d be very unlikely to purchase any more B&O technical products based on repeated software issues. Which is a shame as I would love to add more products to my network, like the BeoSound 1 and 2 but I have no faith in them working properly all the time.

Surprisingly a week or so later I had a phone call from a technical support guy in Sydney B&O explaining he was currently testing a software update for the Essence specifically to fix the Bluetooth issue, and had confidence it was a robust fit.

He explained it will take a little while for final approval from HQ but should be rolled out sometime in September.

He didn’t know anything about the BeoSound Core or if they were even going to offer it as a stand-alone product.

I also explained I have issues connecting any Bluetooth device which was my main issue months ago and it sounds like I may have a faulty unit, which might be out of warranty because it’s taken so long to figure Bluetooth issue out .. LOL

I had the software update and it works fine ask the dealer and give your s/n and all my essences were updated
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Aug 29 2017 12:03 PM
vlohjr1:

I had the software update and it works fine ask the dealer and give your s/n and all my essences were updated

That is good ... no, GREAT ... news - thank you and RickOz

BeoNut since '75

laseralex
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

vlohjr1:

Given the serial numbers, did they somehow push you an advance version of the software?

2x Beosound Moment
4x Beosound Essence Mk II
3x Beolab 8000
1x Beolab 6000
1x Beolab 3
3x Beolab 2
3x BeoPlay M5
1x BeoPlay A6
8x Essence Remote

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member

I can confirm this update has resolved my BT pairing with the remote issues also! :)

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member

I can confirm this update has resolved my BT pairing with the remote issues also! :)

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member

boskonay
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,688 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Sep 25 2017 5:17 PM

On my side, I've discussed with Beocare about my BT remote pairing issue (I have to re-pair my remote every 2 month on the essence, and my A9 completely lost the possibility of pairing a remote), and the only answer I got is that they were sorry that I'm having issues. No software update proposed.

I may try with the new dealership that launched not far away, but I'm not sure they are aware of updates of "old" products.

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
384 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Tue, Sep 26 2017 8:21 AM

Has there been an Essence sofware update recently? What is the version number? 

Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL