Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
614 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
307 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,334 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

schultwf
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

i'll definitely wait it out - helpful to have a good period of time to test and return if desired.

appreciate the responses from the members!

b.

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
186 Posts
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Wed, May 3 2017 2:01 PM

Nigthly popping:-)

All my Beoplay devices got a new firmware release this night.

New for the M5 is the selection of the position, you need not to use the BeoplayApp with Bluetooth anymore.

But no direct  treble or bass adjustment. No support for BeoRemote One BT. Minor bugfixing.

Ralf

dhivakar
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I had also purchased the beoplay m5 and noticed heavy bass. Had written to the beoplay customer care and looks like they are working on tone touch settings. Below is the email from customer support.

Subject

Will there be future updates to beoplay m5 to support tone touch settings.

Response By Email (Saul Quezada) (15/05/2017 04.33 PM)
Hello Dhivakar,

Currently we do not have the ability to lower the bass, until we release an update for the product. Right now we are working on implementing this feature - awaiting support for ToneTouch in an upcoming software release. Your speaker will automatically update once this software is release, via the BeoPlay App.

Only options we have is the Wall, Corner, and Free position.

Kind regards,
Saul Quezada | Product Support 

Bang & Olufsen America | 200 Tri-State International Drive – Suite 525 | Lincolnshire, IL 60069 | USA
www.bang-olufsen.comwww.beoplay.com

Customer By CSS Email (Dhivakar Chandrasekaran) (11/05/2017 06.30 PM)
Is there any other way to reduce the bass or will there bean update to beoplay m5 to reduce the bass.
Waiting for your response..
Thanks,
Dhivakar

On Thursday, May 11, 2017, Dhivakar C <c.dhivakar@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Thanks 
Dhivakar Chandrasekaran
Mobile: (502) 296-1056 | Email: c.dhivakar@gmail.com 
Customer By CSS Email (Dhivakar Chandrasekaran) (11/05/2017 03.45 PM)
Hi,
Thanks you for the quick response. I ask this because beoplay m5 out of the box has more bass and even the position changes of wall, corner do not reduce it enough. So the tone setting option would be of great help and would help me to invest in this product. 
Thanks,
Dhivakar 

--
Thanks 
Dhivakar Chandrasekaran
Response By Email (Thomas Roswalld Andersen) (11/05/2017 10.25 AM)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Bang & Olufsen Customer Service regarding BeoPlay M5.

Right now we're not working on implementing this, but you feedback have been noted, so that the development department have it for further consideration.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Thomas Roswalld Andersen (Mr) | Customer Service

Bang & Olufsen A/S | Peter Bangs Vej 15 | DK-7600 Struer | Denmark

Auto-Response By (Administrator) (10/05/2017 04.16 PM)
The following answers might help you immediately. (Answers open in a separate window.)
Answer Link: Is my Beoplay A6/Beoplay M5 software updated automatically?
Answer Link: How do I know if my B&O PLAY product is updated with the latest software?
Customer By CSS Web (Dhivakar Chandrasekaran) (10/05/2017 04.16 PM)

dhivakar
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I had also purchased the beoplay m5 and noticed heavy bass. Had written to the beoplay customer care and looks like they are working on tone touch settings. Below is the email from customer support.

Subject

Hello Dhivakar,

Currently we do not have the ability to lower the bass, until we release an update for the product. Right now we are working on implementing this feature - awaiting support for ToneTouch in an upcoming software release. Your speaker will automatically update once this software is release, via the BeoPlay App.

Kind regards,

Bang & Olufsen America | 200 Tri-State International Drive – Suite 525 | Lincolnshire, IL 60069 | USA

Is there any other way to reduce the bass or will there bean update to beoplay m5 to reduce the bass.
Thanks,
Dhivakar

--
Thanks 
Dhivakar Chandrasekaran
Hi,
Thanks you for the quick response. I ask this because beoplay m5 out of the box has more bass and even the position changes of wall, corner do not reduce it enough. So the tone setting option would be of great help and would help me to invest in this product. 
Thanks,
Dhivakar 

--
Thanks 
Dhivakar Chandrasekaran
Hello,

Right now we're not working on implementing this, but you feedback have been noted, so that the development department have it for further consideration.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

The following answers might help you immediately. (Answers open in a separate window.)
Answer Link: How do I know if my B&O PLAY product is updated with the latest software?

dhivakar
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi All,

Subject

Hello Dhivakar,

Kind regards,

Thanks,
Dhivakar

--
Thanks 
Dhivakar Chandrasekaran
Hi,
Thanks,
Dhivakar 

--
Thanks 
Dhivakar Chandrasekaran
Hello,

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Toronto
40 Posts
Bronze Member

^ thanks for this. 

PSA - there are now red and green covers available for the M5. They retail for $129 CAD. 

Oz88
Not Ranked
Sydney
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Oz88 replied on Sat, May 27 2017 2:23 AM

Same experience as some others here. Bought this to go into a multiroom setup with a BV11 and A6. The A6 sounds great. The M5 out of the showroom with a wide range of music is a muddled mess - pretty much anything except spoken word or acoustic. 

Local B&O store Sydney King St unwilling to take it back after only 2 days (they offered me an upgrade to a BS1, but while it has a cleaner sound, it's really not great).

I can deal with the confusing user experience in operating the thing if the sound is good. I know that people hate the Sonos comparisons, but I look enviously at my friends' Play:1 which has clear sound and very tight bass without being muddled, and wonder why I paid so much more for the M5.

Have also emailed B&O directly to help raise profile of the bass problems with this thing.

schultwf
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

i'm sorry you couldn't return it. The product is a total disaster. I never followed up on my post above; I ended up getting two Sonos Play 1s and they destroy this product.

dhivakar
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
dhivakar replied on Sat, Jun 24 2017 10:39 PM

There is an update available on the beoplay app which now supports tone touch settings for m5. Please try and see whether it helps to reduce the bass. 

Oz88
Not Ranked
Sydney
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Oz88 replied on Sat, Jun 24 2017 10:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the new sw version!

Oz88
Not Ranked
Sydney
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Oz88 replied on Sun, Jul 2 2017 12:48 AM

After a fair bit of mucking around, I took it into the store and they successfully connected the beoplay app to the M5 (wouldn't connect at home, seems like there's an issue if the M5 is setup and connected first using the new B&O App). 

The Tone controls help a bit, it's not great to be honest. Actually it's the least of the problems with this speaker. The M5's Google Cast constantly goes offline (while the A6 and other Cast devices on the network keep playing), and the device disappears from Spotify Connect regularly (at least once a week). 

On top of that, because of all the bass the M5 actually rattles loudly with some music. The dealer at least reproduced in-store and acknowledged the issue with the device rattling, so it's gone back for service.

Pretty much accepted this is the best outcome for this device - such a disappointment compared to the A6. 

zenon
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
zenon replied on Sat, Jul 22 2017 8:21 PM

Has anyone tried to control the bass with the latest software?  What configuration are people using to lower the bass?  I just listened to a M5 with latest firmware, and the bass seemed more controlled but still heavy on bass heavy pieces.  

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Apr 9 2018 7:34 AM

Just a question to remote operation for this speaker.

Can you use the beoremote One with the M5?

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

laseralex
Not Ranked
65 Posts
Bronze Member

The Beoremote One is beyond my budget so I can't say directly.

With the latest firmware update and app update, my M5 appears with roughly the same feature set as my Essence Mk II units.  I have it paired to an Essence remote (Bluetooth) and can control it identically to an essence using the B&O app.

Hope that helps!

2x Beosound Moment
4x Beosound Essence Mk II
3x Beolab 8000
1x Beolab 6000
1x Beolab 3
3x Beolab 2
3x BeoPlay M5
1x BeoPlay A6
8x Essence Remote

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Apr 9 2018 12:58 PM

Thanks a lot but it does't help. I know it pairs again with the Essence remote, but that was not my question.

I bought a M5 about a year ago, then shortly after buying it they removed the BT pairing in one of their software updates.

By summertime last year, the M5 moves to my sons house and now he is asking if it is possible to pair a Beoremote ONE-BT.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Page 22 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL