Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
614 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
305 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,332 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,332 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jan 16 2017 5:19 PM

egges:

somebody was kidding you. it's exactly the same except for the soundsettings which are done in the Beoplay app

Spec does not include Tunein. Correct?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Mon, Jan 16 2017 6:34 PM

mine has TuneIn. it works fine as an alarm in the morning with one of my favorites from TuneIn. and i'm free to listen to another station than e.g. the Essence currently playing 

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
246 Posts
Bronze Member

egges:

mine has TuneIn. it works fine as an alarm in the morning with one of my favorites from TuneIn. and i'm free to listen to another station than e.g. the Essence currently playing 

So it does have a timer?

marcus_m
Top 150 Contributor
517 Posts
Bronze Member

It has TuneIn, but you are not able to start that source from the device like the A6 with a short tap, you always need an app. Hope that a software update will fix this as I don't like to use a phone or tablet in the morning to start the radio in the bath...

It is unclear to me why this function is not implemented.

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Mon, Jan 16 2017 7:08 PM

yes

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Mon, Jan 16 2017 7:18 PM

try it again, marcus. with one finger only it doesn't work, at least two fingers you need. in the B&O video they take four fingers. i hope the top will get less coarsened with time, could be more fine 

marcus_m
Top 150 Contributor
517 Posts
Bronze Member

It does not start TuneIn...

So I understood that you can start TuneIn even if all other sources in the network are off, right? If I have the M5 playing TuneIn (and all other devices off) and then switch the M5 off (so that the power light goes dark) and then start the M5 again with a press on the top, the power light comes on and a plopping sound can be heard (like the A6 and A9) but no music :-( in the BeoMusic App you can see that TuneIn is not startet... Does this work with your device?

By the way, can you connect the BeoPlay app with the M5, after the last SW-Update I can't connect any more.

Thanks and best regards

Marcus

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Thu, Jan 19 2017 5:11 AM

all works pretty well with TuneIn and the M5: alarms, with the e.g. A6, different stations simultaneously on the devices. Beoplay app has sometimes to be started twice: one for bluetooth connection, second for wifi. have all apps and the M5 the latest software? with the wheel i can change sources but can't switch stations within TuneIn

Played with one in store today. MY GOD THIS THING FEELS CHEAP. I thought that plastic feeling wheel at the top was just going to pop right off. Very unimpressed.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jan 21 2017 12:14 AM
Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

Played with one in store today. MY GOD THIS THING FEELS CHEAP. I thought that plastic feeling wheel at the top was just going to pop right off. Very unimpressed.

--

But did it sound cheap ?

I thought only when it was straining at full volume !

BeoNut since '75

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,114 Posts
Bronze Member
I saw it today and wow it's really a cheap product experience wise. It looks like an air purifier with the elevated plastic foot and the sound is like are you kidding me bad. It sounds like you're playing music on a speakerphone - over a phone line. The highs are completely gone. Only mussy diffused mids (which also seems to come from the base(!) too. Bass was okey but it's like being tortured with bad sound. I really, really, really don't understand how it passed all checks before launch. Hopefully they can address it by firmware but I have doubts.

First thing I thought is that looks like a cheap mini version of my 5 year old Libratone speaker:

--

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,828 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jan 27 2017 6:43 AM

Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

First thing I thought is that looks like a cheap mini version of my 5 year old Libratone speaker:

Actually, that looks better than the M5!

M5 is a strange beast. Both times I asked my dealer to demo the unit, the reckon they can't get it to work. Got the impression they don't want to demo it!

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,342 Posts
Bronze Member
Moxxey at my dealer i found they put it out of reach and therefore is difficult for people to play with.

That top panel is a joke. It looks so cheap.

But then again it must be made for a different customer than me.

That being said, its a BP speaker with all of the services in at a good price point. The only thing is, i wont buy it, but if i was a new customer to B&O i might.

But would it want me to buy more B&O after that .... that's questionable.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,336 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Both times I asked my dealer to demo the unit, the reckon they can't get it to work. Got the impression they don't want to demo it!

If they can't demo that, they can't demo any of the new NL-speaker systems either!

Basicly it works just like the rest.

P.S. Tell them that the easiest way to demo it, is to use the bluetooth connection.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 16 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL