Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
616 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
538 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by benoit

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,554 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member

screenshot

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Maarten
Not Ranked
Germany
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Dealer showed it to me on Tuesday, the top is too plasticky for me, sound was alright, but I left with a BeoSound 2! Big Smile

Maarten
Not Ranked
Germany
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Dealer showed it to me on Tuesday, the top is too plasticky for me, sound was alright, but I left with a BeoSound 2! Big Smile

Maarten
Not Ranked
Germany
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Mark-N
Top 200 Contributor
Maryland, USA
317 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 10:02 PM

egges:

screenshot

I've never used that app.  Do those settings take affect outside of that app, such as AirPlay streaming?

Edit:  I just noticed it's only for BeoPlay products, and it looks to be bluetooth only.  I am hoping for a better soliution for this.  Still waiting for a software update.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 5:56 AM

@Seanie 

I don't now if bass could be adjusted, hopefully so. The speaker sounds really really good with smooth silky mids but I prefer lesser deeps. This was to dominant for me.

Oh well, a dealers room is not the best to have a listening session and I presume once at home its searching for the best position as with any speaker.

Is it easy placeable and and you can move it easily? Yes, but you have always a power cord, so there must be a socket available nearby. If you lift it it feels that you don't have a plastic cilinder but a quality product in your hands.

Mark-N:
It looks like the firmware for the M5 is more advanced than the BeoSounds as it can be paired with the Essence remote.

The connection with the Essence wheel is a must, it gives you the opportunity to place it everywhere in a room. And thats one of the mean reasons I am thrilled about it. Just the opportunity to operate it from a distance which is really a lack on the BS1/2.

In my opinion:

The M5 is a small, very good and enjoyable sounding speaker, it don't need a lot of space, its not to pricey, it has every possibility to use it as a first B&O product to new customers, you can use it with a remote...

This time B&O (BeoPlay) got it right. At least for me. 

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder

Earle:

Reading Engadget's review... https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/05/bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-m5-wireless-speaker/

... and I found this interesting.

"The compact speaker's acoustics are capable of both beam direction and beam width control thanks to a new version of the technology from Bang and Olufsen's luxury BeoLab 90."

I think this is the first I'm hearing of any reference to the BL90, in respect to integration of the technology within any other B&O product.

The evidence of BL90 technology trickling down is what we have all been waiting for !

(( as I said in the LG OLED thread ... "And hopefully ... new speakers would be able to orient the sound stage to where you are sitting (without any friends Big Smile " ))

I am somewhat surprised it showed up in the M5.

As I recall it, we had ALT go from BL5 > BL3 > BL9 ... and then proliferate across many other Beolab form factors.

I hope your interpretation is correct ! 

BeoNut since '75

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,415 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 8:33 AM
Lely:

Dealer showed it to me on Tuesday, the top is too plasticky for me, sound was alright, but I left with a BeoSound 2!

Well that's a fantastic result for everyone!
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,554 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 8:57 AM
elephant:

The evidence of BL90 technology trickling down is what we have all been waiting for !

(( as I said in the LG OLED thread ... " And hopefully ... new speakers would be able to orient the sound stage to where you are sitting (without any friends ) " ))

I am somewhat surprised it showed up in the M5.

As I recall it, we had ALT go from BL5 > BL3 > BL9 ... and then proliferate across many other Beolab form factors.

I hope your interpretation is correct !

BeoNut since '75

I seriously doubt any BL90 technology are included in the M5. B&O would have made a bigger publicity stunt around that. And to introduce that into a products at entry level does not makes sense.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,433 Posts
Bronze Member

There is no 'BL90 technology' as such.

But there is a lot knowledge about acoustics and hard-/software gained, when develloping that particular speaker.

Part/s of this can surely be used with other speakers/apeaker systems - also with the M5.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,094 Posts
Gold Member
Hello I went to Watford today to have a listen and to be honest to much bass for me.

When I listened to it the bass sounded separate to the music, I then listened to the sound1 and it was clear and together although I don't think powerful enough

Perhaps I need a Beosound2 as portability it not a requirement

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,801 Posts
Bronze Member

i've had a BS2 for a few weeks now, very good all round performer......dont have it in a large room, and its probably overkill for my home office, which is where it is, but its everything i wanted it to be......look great too.....good luck...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,153 Posts
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
Perhaps I need a Beosound2 as portability it not a requirement

I have a BS1 and compared to the BS2, there quite a difference. BS2 is like a cleaner sounding A6 to me. Bright, with decent bass. BS1 sounds portable. Very good, not great. You can't turn it up loud at all.  I like it though as it's movable.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,094 Posts
Gold Member
Funny isn't it

I prefer the look of the BS1 but it would with withstand the turn up loud occasions in my kitchen and I have no need for portable speaker

I like the spec of the BS2 but not sure I like the look as much as the BS1, not hear it yet

I know I don't enjoy the sound of the A6 to much Bass, I find Beoplay stuff very heavy on laggy bass

What a great problem to have, two years ago we had almost zero NL products now there are loads of choose from.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,094 Posts
Gold Member
Correction I don't like the overpowering sound of A9 not sure on the look of the A6 or sound at home

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 14 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL