Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Mike
Not Ranked
Wrexham, North Wales
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Mike posted on Wed, Dec 7 2016 3:32 PM

Hello,

Sorry bear with me, this is my first post and I'm a complete novice. I'm very new to the B&O world and have within the last few months purchased a Beocenter 7007. I absolutely love everything about it.

Recently I sent my MMC4 off for repair to Beovintage in Denmark, whilst waiting on its return i have decided to realign the right hand side top panel as it was catching on the release bar. So last night i removed all parts attached and cleaned them up. When i came to putting it all back together i have struggled with installing the spring bar. Can anyone please advise me on how this is done or if you have some pictures that would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,986 Posts
Founder
Verified by Mike

Ah - The old spring you need 4 hands for!! This is the page from the manual! Once you have it together, it all makes sense! The turntable cover works in the same basic way!

Peter

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,892 Posts
Founder
Verified by Mike

No need for 4 hands. 

Just mount the parts together with the spring without tension. 

When all parts are back in place then first place the spring in the (mostly) broken coverlid part. 

Then open the cover and place the other end of the spring behind the bracket whete it should be with a bit force and help from a wrench. 

All Replies

Mike
Not Ranked
Wrexham, North Wales
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Mike replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 9:25 PM

Anyone? please.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,986 Posts
Founder
Verified by Mike

Ah - The old spring you need 4 hands for!! This is the page from the manual! Once you have it together, it all makes sense! The turntable cover works in the same basic way!

Peter

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,986 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 9:38 PM

Lovely Beocenter by the way - one of the best!

Peter

Mike
Not Ranked
Wrexham, North Wales
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Mike replied on Wed, Dec 7 2016 10:06 PM

Thanks Peter. I'll have a go after work tomorrow.

Thanks

Mike

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,892 Posts
Founder
Verified by Mike

No need for 4 hands. 

Just mount the parts together with the spring without tension. 

When all parts are back in place then first place the spring in the (mostly) broken coverlid part. 

Then open the cover and place the other end of the spring behind the bracket whete it should be with a bit force and help from a wrench. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,892 Posts
Founder

Wrench or better pliers. 

Mike
Not Ranked
Wrexham, North Wales
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Mike replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 10:17 AM

Thanks Beobuddy, I’ll give it ago tonight along with the help of Peter's schematic.

Mike
Not Ranked
Wrexham, North Wales
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Mike replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 11:11 PM

So following the advice from Peter and Beobuddy I've managed to get it all back together and squared up. Only took a few minutes and was fairly easy. Once I connected everything back into its position and left the straight bend out(right hand side looking from the rear) I lifted the lid and pushed the bar with my finger into its position giving the spring tension once again. Really simple after a bit of helpful advice. 

Thanks again👍🏻

taradict
Not Ranked
Paris, France
14 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Peter,

do you have the complete picture of this attached...

It will be very very cool!

Thanks

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,986 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 10:01 PM

No longer have one of these I am afraid. No doubt someone will though.

Peter

Travisthedog
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi 

Same problem here - I know this is an old thread. What is the significance of the 2 (I may now only have one) tiny little squares of plastic on the back of the  hinge mechanism 

Also am I right in thinking that you bolt it all back together and then put the spring bar back in?

Travisthedog
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi 

Same problem here - I know this is an old thread. What is the significance of the 2 (I may now only have one) tiny little squares of plastic on the back of the  hinge mechanism 

Also am I right in thinking that you bolt it all back together and then put the spring bar back in?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,799 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Apr 16 2021 1:19 PM

The small square slider is for the springs curved end to ride on as it slides up and down the squar'ish "ridge" on the hinge plate.

Martin

Travisthedog
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Does anyone have a picture of what it’s supposed to look like!???!!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL