rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 82 Replies | 11 Followers

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
696 Posts
Bronze Member
kuyttendaele posted on Tue, Nov 22 2016 1:29 PM

Hi...

Just stumbled onto Bang & Olufsen Create.

Nothing special on their website: http://create.bang-olufsen.com

But the Instagram account show some interesting concepts! https://www.instagram.com/beocreate/

Karel.

All Replies

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,932 Posts
Founder

Looks promising.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,932 Posts
Founder

Pic 2.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,932 Posts
Founder

Let's create.

ralberge
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello,
I’m very interested with the beocrate board to create 4 independant CX100 speakers.
I need to put one CX100 per corner of my room but the official way solution with 2 speakers connected via toslink is not possible. Totally wireless speaker allow more possibility.
As sonos do, do you think it’s possible to configure a channel per speaker in beocrate app ? Is it preferable to use roon ?
Many thanks for your answer.

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
94 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello there,

I am sooo waiting for a solution to upgrade Pentas as well, although connecting 9 speakers may be a bit of a challenge if you want to get rid of the 2 passive filter boards..

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,324 Posts
Silver Member

Has anyone built the Beocreate CX100? I cant find a single video of a finished product. I wonder how they sound compared to the original.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Svenni
Not Ranked
Berlin, Germany
47 Posts
Bronze Member
Svenni replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 10:36 AM

I'm still looking for a black pair in good condition here in Germany...

This guys is the only one I know of that done it https://www.instagram.com/p/BfqLujkHdLq/
Might be some other testimonies on the HiFiBerry forum.

Note that this was done before the CX100 profile was finalized, still using a modified CX50 profile.

While not a comparison to the original, he thinks it sounds better (with just one speaker) than his Beosound 1.

Beoplay A2
Beoplay Earset
Beoplay H6 (Gen 2)
Beoplay S3 (pair)
Beoplay S8
Beovox CX50 (2 pairs)

Beovox RL 6000

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,324 Posts
Silver Member

Hmm, is the BeoCreate only for making a single speaker? Is there a setup for making it a wireless stereo pair?

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
161 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 12:18 PM

leosgonewild:

Hmm, is the BeoCreate only for making a single speaker? Is there a setup for making it a wireless stereo pair?

No options for wireless stereo right now, unfortunately, and I do not know if this will be possible. We have to play with the Raspberry Pi hardware, and its wireless capabilities aren't as extensive as those in our multiroom speakers.

The best we can offer for CX 50 and CX 100 right now are guides for wired stereo.

— Tuomas | Bang & Olufsen | Bang & Olufsen Create

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,324 Posts
Silver Member

It runs Spotify Connect, right? Shouldn`t this be possible to solve by grouping the speakers from the Google Home app? That is what I have done with my Pentas.

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
161 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 1:33 PM

leosgonewild:

It runs Spotify Connect, right? Shouldn`t this be possible to solve by grouping the speakers from the Google Home app? That is what I have done with my Pentas.

Speaker grouping via Google Home requires Chromecast built-in, and Google have not open-sourced that. Spotify Connect, which we do have, is a different thing entirely.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,324 Posts
Silver Member

Is the optical input on the board accesible from outside when mounted in the CX100?

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
161 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 1:49 PM

leosgonewild:

Is the optical input on the board accesible from outside when mounted in the CX100?

If you follow the current guides, then no – the only connection for power (and mini-XLR in the stereo guide). To have Toslink accessible you have to drill holes for it and seal them tightly, and the whole package of electronics probably needs to mount on the back plate.

Anyone is obviously welcome to do this and we encourage experimentation, but in the guides so far we've tried to modify the original loudspeaker as little as possible from the outside.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,324 Posts
Silver Member

Ok, thanks for the info :)

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,932 Posts
Founder

Still the amplifiers laying here with the (reconed) CX100's. To busy to finish at the moment...

I think the needed  3D parts are an obstacle for most persons who wants to build.

I can provide them if someone needs them.

Page 5 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL