Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 455 Replies | 14 Followers

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,610 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder

mr_anders_son:
Downloading a new update now! Wonder what it is??Unsure

Well surprise surprise! There's an update to the .116 release!

Downloading at the moment... :-)

Karel.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,530 Posts
Bronze Member
Some new great stuff....

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 18 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,468 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, May 22 2017 8:33 PM
Can't see much new?

BLGW app appears on the TV menu, and now on my remote....with no option to remove it?

More control in the Beomusic app, but no control in the X app, unless I am missing something...

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder

Here's what I found so far:

- BLGW on the remote ... but I don't have Gateway... and I can't remote the item on the remote.

- Some UHD HDMI settings.

Probably more stuff but that what I found at first sight...

Karel.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder
mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,530 Posts
Bronze Member
Picture group and soundsettings for Linkproducts

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 18 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
310 Posts
Gold Member
First finds:

- Picture / sound settings for NL products

- Song title on screen when connected to NL source (no artist name, as on other non android NL tv's)

- Netflix app worked (could be one time only)

- Start pattern play from Moment starts tv up correctly

- Sub kicks in correctly after selecting relevant speaker group

Hopefully there is more under the booth..picture wise and stability Smile

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder

But still no possibility to controle the TV through the BeoRemote or new B&O X app

Karel.

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
310 Posts
Gold Member
kuyttendaele:

But still no possibility to controle the TV through the BeoRemote or new B&O X app

Karel.

and in the BeoTool app the tv still cannot check for software and therefore red dot remains appearing
mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,530 Posts
Bronze Member
Fansastic:

First finds:

- Picture / sound settings for NL products

- Song title on screen when connected to NL source (no artist name, as on other non android NL tv's)

- Netflix app worked (could be one time only)

- Start pattern play from Moment starts tv up correctly

- Sub kicks in correctly after selecting relevant speaker group

Hopefully there is more under the booth..picture wise and stability

-Netflix does not workCool

-When starting NL source its much faster when you get soundSmile

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
310 Posts
Gold Member
And Netflix gone again...such a pity that b&o and netflix cannot reach an agreement about this alp. Again no 4K video for meSad
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder

Fansastic:
And Netflix gone again...such a pity that b&o and netflix cannot reach an agreement about this alp. Again no 4K video for meSad

Netflix worked for me yesterday after the update.. But there's a good chance that it stops working with the all familiar error....

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,530 Posts
Bronze Member
New sw for Beoremote!

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, May 23 2017 11:00 AM

kuyttendaele:
Netflix worked for me yesterday after the update.. But there's a good chance that it stops working with the all familiar error....

This and the limited download capacity is why I changed from TV-provider a while ago, now it's integrated in the decoder I get from the new provider. And working without errors...

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Page 25 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL