Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 455 Replies | 14 Followers

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,585 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

Sjengie:
@CarJen, enjoy your LG OLED. I had a curved one before I switched back to B&O.

What made you switch back?

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

beoair
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
beoair replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 10:17 AM

Just to add my experience to the the comments. The BV14-55 was installed mid January and my main problems with the old software were poor PUC control and flaky Beoremote1 connection with the TV. Since the 31st Jan update everything has improved and the TV now works well. Mine is a relatively simple installation with just Sky+HD, a Panasonic 4K DVD and a 5.0 speaker group (BL5 + BL6000). The picture itself is wonderful and looking forward to SkyQ for some more 4K input.

Best wishes

CarJen
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
CarJen replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 8:08 PM

@BAND'OH!, It came down to quality assurance, honestly. I saw the 31JAN release note they put out, and found that only three of the 14 SW bugs i have found and spend time on reporting were fixed in the 31JAN release. I know they receive feedback globally, but it was fairly disappointing to see, so i lost faith in them after 6 months of frustration, that they would deliver the quality they try to sell their Customers.

I ended up with i had bought a tv, which looks awesome HW-wise, but was crap SW-wise. It just seems like B&O spend all the R&D budget on design and HW, and suddenly realised that they better put in some SW as well, and quickly threw in cheap beta Android SW that would never have passed QA in B&O 10 years ago. Also, i really wanted to try OLED, so at the end the jump easy for me - but still would love to have a fully functional BV - with OLED and no Android SW :-)

My local dealer were also very straightforward saying that the SW not were B&O's biggest success and that dealers were very frustrated with the arrogance from HQ that they basically gave nothing to the dealers to heal the pain to the Customers. I am a recurring Customer at my local dealer, so it was his decision to take back the tv, not B&O HQ.....

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Wed, Feb 15 2017 6:39 PM

My Horizon will be switched for a brand new one. If the new one has the same strange issues, there is a big change that the software is to blame. If not, there has been a hardware issue in my Horizon as well.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,114 Posts
Bronze Member
Friends! I have a Nvidia shield TV and it started acting up after an update. I solved all the issues by doing a factory reset.

Since the factory reset don't roll back the old software just reinstalls the new software and defaults all the settings this made the new software work much much better. This is an android based unit just like the Bv14 and horizon. I believe that the android system in the beovisions might have the same issues after an update. So my suggestion is that as a last resort to try and factory reset the set before exchanging the unit.

Maybe it will work, maybe not but it makes sense it can help. The settings and files from the older system might intervene badly with the new software, I imagine.
LondonHackney
Not Ranked
London
3 Posts
Bronze Member

New to the forum but was looking for help and saw your post. We got a Horizon just before Christmas. initially pleased but did think the android system very poor and sluggish (to say the least).

Some things were bugging me from the start - like how sluggish everything was, from changing channels, to starting up apps, to getting into recordings - but thought as we were new to smart TV's, this was standard. An irritation I could live with I thought.

One major bug was that when recording TV shows on the external hard drive I bought (was a good quality USB 3.0 high speed WD 1TB type), when playing back anything recorded in HD, the picture would occasionally jump - as if the HD quality was too much to write to the hard drive. This I assumed as it doesn't happen when I record TV shows from non HD channels.

Now the latest bug the TV has developed is the sound cutting off when switching TV channels. Just no sound at all. Just picture. I have to turn off the TV and turn back on to get the sound back for the channel I want to watch. Anyone else had this problem bug?

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 20 2017 12:43 PM

i've had my new tv (bv14) for a few months now.....the sound disappearing issue was happening quite a bit to me......has occurred since the big SW update , though much less so......since the update i've had crashing issues, and in a similar way to the previous sound issue, seems to be triggered / caused by the interaction between the remote and the tv.......shame, especially as the picture quality has got much better since the update.....

LondonHackney
Not Ranked
London
3 Posts
Bronze Member

I've since posting my post(!) had a chat with the B&O shop and the sound cutting out is a known issue apparently (!?) that should hopefully be rectified in the week 10 OS update - (currently in week 8 so not long to wait).

I might try a reboot tonight - just for fun !

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,530 Posts
Bronze Member
LondonHackney:

I've since posting my post(!) had a chat with the B&O shop and the sound cutting out is a known issue apparently (!?) that should hopefully be rectified in the week 10 OS update - (currently in week 8 so not long to wait).

I might try a reboot tonight - just for fun !

After I made a power off over the night it got worse!!!

I'll wait after week 10. If it is not solved then I will return the TV!

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 18 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
307 Posts
Bronze Member
New software update available, only minor performance upgrades, no NL availability. Maybe this update does improves the sound problems.

My Horizon does not show the sound problems, but it has not yet have the stability and operating speed my V1 has. Feels like there is till much work to be done. My three main requests are NL/Multiroom ability, beter and more stable reaction time for remote commands and normal opening and closing of the curtains. Even my 7 year old son asked if the certains could be fixed, he thoughts they were brokenBig Smile

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,530 Posts
Bronze Member
Fansastic:

New software update available, only minor performance upgrades, no NL availability. Maybe this update does improves the sound problems.

My Horizon does not show the sound problems, but it has not yet have the stability and operating speed my V1 has. Feels like there is till much work to be done. My three main requests are NL/Multiroom ability, beter and more stable reaction time for remote commands and normal opening and closing of the curtains. Even my 7 year old son asked if the certains could be fixed, he thoughts they were broken

New update today??

I cant see any!

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 18 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...

Sjengie
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

@bandoh nothing special I just like beautiful things and B&O are part of that experience.

I do not mind waiting for the updates but i do miss netflix.

meanwhile i have hidden my ATV4 in the back of the Horizon but that is only temporary i hope

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
307 Posts
Bronze Member
mr_anders_son:

New update today??

I cant see any!

Software version now: QM153E.0.3.0.112

Release date 2017-01-27

This morning TV updates automatically.

Hope this helpes
ThatGuyFromDenmark
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member

New software released yesterday bunged up audio on my Horizon :(

When switching between inputs a couple of times, it will sound like a cassette tape running that is very slowly. Need to investigate if it's a specific sound mode that is messed up or what, but it's reeeally annoying.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder

Fansastic:
mr_anders_son:

New update today??

I cant see any!

Software version now: QM153E.0.3.0.112

Release date 2017-01-27

This morning TV updates automatically.

Hope this helpes

That's the Week 5 update :-)

Page 19 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL