rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 29 Replies | 1 Follower

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member
Simonbeo posted on Tue, Sep 13 2016 8:50 AM

http://www.beoplay.com/landingpages/ford

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,671 Posts
Bronze Member

Nice!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
781 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Tue, Sep 13 2016 9:09 AM
Nice....everybody can benefit now with an in car b and o system. Mass market too for the brand!
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,671 Posts
Bronze Member

Even I may afford driving B&O then ;-))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
1,063 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Sep 13 2016 6:39 PM

I don't see the connection especially when fewer and fewer young people in America are owning a car or taking their licence (if that's the audience Play are aiming at)

It's like Mansory teaming up with Alba as their customers have no taste ...

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Young people who do buy cars don't want a car with substandard audio. The "Sony" head units in Ford cars are simply by the normal supplier but signed off by Sony in return for a fee. It's similar with Recaro seats but I've had a demo from HK/Beoplay and their work is much more impressive. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Sep 13 2016 8:51 PM

No, that's heartbreaking. Ford are absolute toilet as a car brand. What are B&O thinking? Seriously who the heck buys into that brand now? Truly truly heartbreaking. I don't know of a single person who buys that brand - it's pure toilet. I think the kids are buying VW Polo's and Fiat 500's these days. Certainly the 18 year old boys at my gym and buying Polo's as they "look like small Golf GTi's" :)

I thought a 500 would have been a more savvy option for PLAY but BEATS have beaten them to it for the 2017 500 range.

Seriously, heartbreaking news though. 

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Tue, Sep 13 2016 8:54 PM

On a positive note, even with all of its brands, HARMAN have not forgotten about BANG&OLUFSEN and seem to be wanting to do something with PLAY.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Im surprised you've fallen for the combination of VWs control of Haymarket publishing and their thin veneer of competence .

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,443 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Sep 13 2016 9:57 PM
Paul W:

No, that's heartbreaking. Ford are absolute toilet as a car brand. What are B&O thinking?

Not sure it's up to B&O as they sold they audio business to HK a year or so ago.
linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Bronze Member
linder replied on Tue, Sep 13 2016 9:58 PM

Paul W:

No, that's heartbreaking. Ford are absolute toilet as a car brand. What are B&O thinking? Seriously who the heck buys into that brand now? Truly truly heartbreaking. I don't know of a single person who buys that brand - it's pure toilet. I think the kids are buying VW Polo's and Fiat 500's these days. Certainly the 18 year old boys at my gym and buying Polo's as they "look like small Golf GTi's" :)

I thought a 500 would have been a more savvy option for PLAY but BEATS have beaten them to it for the 2017 500 range.

Seriously, heartbreaking news though. 

Think global!  Who know how this will play out?  Few people in North America know about B&O and Beoplay.  Fiat does not do well here and VW is having a difficult time because of the emissions problem.  Harman is an aggressive company and will try to make this work which will ultimately be good for the Bang & Olufsen brand.  This is probably good news.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
731 Posts
Bronze Member

Clever move by B&O in my opinion. Ford is a mass market brand and probably sell more cars than any other manufacturer worldwide so definitely a good way to get the brand more widely known. Ford are certainly a value for money brand with all models offering nice interiors and a good set of features compared to many of their competitors. I can see a link with what B&O are trying to establish with BeoPlay here. I think this could turn out very well so wish them well. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8, BR1, Essence

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
1,063 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 3:07 PM

What's interesting is HK being allowed to use the 'PLAY" brand rather than using simply B&O, either HK bought the rights or both parties are working together....

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138807-ford-will-offer-a-b-o-play-in-car-sound-system-in-2017

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,443 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 3:13 PM
Mark:

What's interesting is HK being allowed to use the 'PLAY" brand rather than using simply B&O, either HK bought the rights or both parties are working together....

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138807-ford-will-offer-a-b-o-play-in-car-sound-system-in-2017

I think the announcement at the time said they sold HK the rights to use both the B&O name and Play.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,636 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 4:13 PM

Duels:

I think the announcement at the time said they sold HK the rights to use both the B&O name and Play.

Correct.

The deal included a license to use both brandnames : http://investor.harman.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=904134

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL