Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 63 Replies | 0 Followers

Edoardo
Top 500 Contributor
San Marino
159 Posts
Bronze Member
Edoardo posted on Sun, Sep 11 2016 12:44 PM

Hello everyone,

I saw that in this forum there are various national forums (Dutch, German, French, North American, etc.) but not an italian one.

Why can not create it? 

All Replies

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,185 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 3:40 PM

Keith has a job, and has also been on holiday, so it's quite possible he's had other things to worry about....

Can someone please give me a 12-15 word sentence in Italian, basically saying "this forum is for Italian speaking members who own Bang & Olufsen products and would like to talk about them in Italian" or something similar.  I do NOT want a direct translation of that sentence, merely something which would be welcoming in Italian.

After that, we will create the forum and see how it goes.

Lee

Edoardo
Top 500 Contributor
San Marino
159 Posts
Bronze Member

Merci beacoup!

Edoardo
Top 500 Contributor
San Marino
159 Posts
Bronze Member

I think so

Edoardo
Top 500 Contributor
San Marino
159 Posts
Bronze Member

totally agree!

Edoardo
Top 500 Contributor
San Marino
159 Posts
Bronze Member

why not?

SlyParma
Top 500 Contributor
Italy
125 Posts
Silver Member

Io ci sono!!!!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,185 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 7:13 PM

As nobody seemed to have read my post - I'll try again...

Can someone please give me a 12-15 word sentence in Italian, basically saying "this forum is for Italian speaking members who own Bang & Olufsen products and would like to talk about them in Italian" or something similar.  I do NOT want a direct translation of that sentence, merely something which would be welcoming in Italian.

Thank You Smile

Lee

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 8:18 PM

I think if there is enthusiasm for an Italian Forum to be reborn, then by all means. However there do need to be criteria for it staying open. We have closed down forums that are not used as it can just confuse posters and it also requires at least one Italian speaking member to take charge. The original Beoworld forum was a success because we made sure than no query was unanswered for more than 24 hours. We did not always know the answer but we always replied. We went from nothing to the vibrant forum we have today and one that B&O frequent and use themselves. The problem you will have is again, not knowing the answers and not having the depth of knowledge that exists in the moderating team. In addition, you have a far more difficult time than I had when we started as we had no software to worry about and connectivity usually involved a wire. I still have a huge ring binder of spider charts for the product configuration guide! So remember, some of you will need to work at this but I really hope you succeed. Set a realistic target for the number of posts a week at which the forum can be deemed viable after a year - I suggest you look at the other language forums for a target.

The first criteria would appear to be providing Lee with the answer to his question above! Big Smile

Peter

paolomariano
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

As nobody seemed to have read my post - I'll try again...

Can someone please give me a 12-15 word sentence in Italian, basically saying "this forum is for Italian speaking members who own Bang & Olufsen products and would like to talk about them in Italian" or something similar. I do NOT want a direct translation of that sentence, merely something which would be welcoming in Italian.

Thank You

Lee

Hi Lee! Thank you!! Smile

Here is your translation:

"Benvenuti! Questa sezione del forum è pensata per gli utenti di lingua italiana che possiedono prodotti Bang & Olufsen e desiderano comunicare tra loro in italiano"

These are more than 15 words... is that a problem?
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,185 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Dec 12 2016 11:53 PM

Your Forum has been created.

Please use it - and use it regularly, and well. 

As has been mentioned before, we used to have a Spanish Forum which basically doubled up as a 'chat room' for a handful of people. They posted huge amounts - but quantity was way ahead of quality. 

Let's see how this goes. Help each other, inform each other - and share your enthusiasm. We've given you the chance you've asked for! Smile

Lee

paolomariano
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member
Thank you veri much!! Smile

Just one thing.

You wrote: questo è il tuo nuovo forum. Godere!

This sounds a little bit strange. Could you please change it to "questo è il tuo nuovo forum. Buon divertimento!"

Godere in Italian has a sexual reference, which is not suitable for the forum... Wink

Thanks!
paolomariano
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi everybody (in Italy)! Big Smile

The Italian section is active. Please use it!! Wink
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,185 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 10:13 AM

I just used Google Translate!  Clearly Google needs to clean its act up Surprise

Lee

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,543 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Tue, Dec 13 2016 1:35 PM
9 LEE:

I just used Google Translate! Clearly Google needs to clean its act up

Lee

It probably uses your recent browsing history for reference Wink
paolomariano
Top 150 Contributor
639 Posts
Bronze Member
To the Italian users:

So...?!

Now the Italian forum is open.

What are you waiting for?

Why don't you use it?

You have been struggling to make it open and now that it is you just ignore it.

Should they close it again, they would be perfectly right.
Page 3 of 5 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL