rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
111 Posts
Bronze Member
Zwets posted on Wed, Aug 31 2016 7:07 PM

The STB saga continous....

As you may have red in previous post I am trying to get DTV working on my BV 7-32mk3 with a Humax settop box. I have two Humax models to try. (5000c and 5050c, both are in my STB list)

I have connected the Humax with a DVI to HDMI cable. On the menu I select HDTV for DVI and audio input 4. This is AV4 analog input (or not?) to which i connected the red/white outputs. I get no sound. I am trying to combine digital video with analog audio. This worked on my MK1

As this does not work I connected the SPDIF output (optical) from the Humax through a convertor to digital input 1. All works well..

....But, only when the TV station broadcast Dolby digital. In my case only the first three channels on the DVB-C signal are HD, the rest broadcast SD with stereo signal. On those stations I do not get sound.

On the HD channels i lose sound if i select the stereo channel on the Humax.

Any ideas? Would getting a different brand of settopbox work? I have the Samsung H360r in the stb list.

Help! I would love to have my new TV up and running!

All Replies

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
318 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sat, Oct 22 2016 5:23 PM

Zwets:

I tried a hdmi to component convertor and connect to component for the chromecast. I only get sound however. I have now ordered a hdmi splitter which splits of the sound. This way i can connect the chromecast to hdmi and connectbthe splitted off sound to a digital sound in. 

I have allready moved the Humax from hdmi to component and its working well and i see. O noticable difference in picture quality.

ill keep you posted.

Hello, Zwets!

How did this turn out for you?

zenman
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
zenman replied on Sun, Jan 22 2017 9:03 PM

Hi guys,

this is my first post on this forum and I hope I've come to the right thread. I have a Beovision 6-22, and I want to connect a Google Chromecast to it.

First off, I think I need to connect something to the TV to provide an HDMI input, right? I went to my local B&O store and they recommended an HDMI digital to analogue AV converter, something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-input-Digital-to-RCA-Analog-Audio-Video-Composite-CVBS-Output-Converter-AV-/171837932633

If I understand correctly, I basically need just this device (plugged into the TV and a power source), onto which I can then connect the Chromecast, and voila ... ? 

I've found a perhaps related thread on this forum, but that's way more complicated than I can understand:P (and there was talk of Chromecats here on this one): http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/8786.aspx

Any help would be awesome, thank you in advance!:)

Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
111 Posts
Bronze Member
Zwets replied on Tue, Aug 15 2017 3:43 PM

Any idea what the command for power off is when I use a Beo4 with navigation button? (1710)

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,494 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Aug 15 2017 4:02 PM

Zwets:

Any idea what the command for power off is when I use a Beo4 with navigation button? (1710)

Just the usual red button bottom right surely??

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL