Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beomaster 4500 grounding and programming questions

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

1toneboy
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
1toneboy posted on Fri, Jul 29 2016 4:23 PM

Hi, can you set the Beomaster 4500 bass and treble to be saved? Because every time I set them for phono or whatever, then turn it off/standby; next time I turn it on, they're back to the default numbers.

Also, does the beomaster need to be grounded? Because I just bought a TT, but I don't have a preamp, so I was listening to my Beomaster through the head phone jack with the volume up full, and I could hear a hum, but every touched the beomaster the hum would subside. (As the beomaster only has an active and neutral, my TT has a ground, but it is supplied with DC so I don't really know how to ground that either, I tried sticking the ground in the earth point in the power point but I'm worried about current loops, maybe I'll need to figure out how to ground the TT to negative. Regardless, the question about the beomaster hum still stands)

I'd have thought the Beomaster Phono would have had a preamp built in, but apparently not because it was no louder than CD or AUX, which needed the volume to be up full with head phones to hear the TT.

Thanks in adv!

All Replies

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
226 Posts
Silver Member

Volume, treble and bass should be set to what you require when the unit is turned on, then press "sound store store" to store the settings.

The RIAA pre-amp was an optional extra and not supplied as standard, as it was built into the Beogram 4500.

Ron

1toneboy
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
1toneboy replied on Sat, Jul 30 2016 11:06 AM

[Damnit I lost my first reply due to bad internet, it went something like this]:

G'day Ron, thanks for the reply; I'm having a bit of difficulty following your instructions because when I get the green "store" letters to appear and press it, nothing happens, it's as if it's not a button.

I haven't owned a Beomaster long, it's my first foray into decent gear, although I've wanted to since my late teens, and been collecting vinyl for a few years.

I just bought a pro-ject debut carbon DC turntable and I've ordered a pro-ject phono box E preamp, do you have an opinion as to if this will be up to scratch to do justice to the beomaster?

P.S. Do you have any opinion on grounding either?

cheers

pepps
Top 500 Contributor
Kent, UK
110 Posts
Bronze Member
pepps replied on Tue, Aug 2 2016 1:35 AM
Hi 1tone,

Your Project pre-amp will work fine with the BM4500.

Regarding the green 'store' button it will work if you tap it twice.

Failing that the best solution would be to find and buy a Beolink 1000 remote.

Julian

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,153 Posts
Bronze Member

1toneboy:

[Damnit I lost my first reply due to bad internet, it went something like this]:

G'day Ron, thanks for the reply; I'm having a bit of difficulty following your instructions because when I get the green "store" letters to appear and press it, nothing happens, it's as if it's not a button.

http://www.iconic-av.co.uk/manuals/BeoSystem4500_UK.pdf

Read the usermanual, it will help you.

Regarding the green Store not working, have you had the glass plates re-attached ? They come loose, and if they loose their grip, they will not press hard enough on the "touch-rubber" under the glass.

Try pressing Store a bit "harder" and see if it responds then. It does not need 2 presses when using the touch panel. Only when using a remote.

/Weebyx

1toneboy
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
1toneboy replied on Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:39 PM

Thanks for the reply Julian (pepps).

I'll need to look through the manual, the main thing is that I know the green word is a button too. Unfortunately I shouldn't outlay the cash for a Beolink remote, if they weren't so expensive I'd love one.

Cheers

1toneboy
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
1toneboy replied on Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:45 PM

Thanks for the reply Weebyx. I would have replied sooner but I didn't get a notification that the thread was active.

I will look through the users manual.

Yes, some of the plastic clips on the face-plate were broken so I had to fix it and I re-glued it down and not sparingly. So it mustn't be making contact properly.

Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL