rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member
Raffaele Sgherri posted on Sun, May 8 2016 10:32 PM

Hi, I got the subject 2nd hand TV and I'm getting some strange behaviour, including:

1. As I switch it on, it takes about 20 second to start opening the digital curtain.. Is it normal time?

2. A BL3000 connected via Master Link appear sending sounds inly to right channel, the left front is on (green) but mute, no matter the source is radio or cd.

3. A couple of times it moved to AV6 input (set to auto switch as I connect a camera there) even if I had nothing attached and was watching DTV.

I updated via Internet to latest software version 13.12a following advice from my dealer, and in service menu - monitor information - I see a list of TV errors 0508 E6-2C. Any Idea?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Raffaele Sgherri

SKApretto71:
1. As I switch it on, it takes about 20 second to start opening the digital curtain.. Is it normal time?

Probably normal - I'm not sure what the usual start up time is for the mk6 and It is possible to set additional delay on a per input basis to account for any slow to startup set top boxes so you could check that, but this doesn't sound excessive. Need to try and resolve the other issues first I guess.

SKApretto71:
2. A BL3000 connected via Master Link appear sending sounds inly to right channel, the left front is on (green) but mute, no matter the source is radio or cd.

This is most likely a faulty masterlink cable (or cores not punched down properly in a ML junction box). The fact the speaker has turned green, and presumably works makes it less likely to be (although not impossible) a fault with the television. Unplug the masterlink cable at both ends, inspect the plugs for damage, and take a close look at the masterlink sockets on both the BS3000 and the BV7 to see if any of the pins are bent out of place. If there are any ML junction boxes, check these for any loose connections too.

SKApretto71:
3. A couple of times it moved to AV6 input (set to auto switch as I connect a camera there) even if I had nothing attached and was watching DTV.

That shouldn't happen. You didn't have any cables plugged into the Av6 sockets when this happened did you (even if they were not connected to a camera at the other end)?

SKApretto71:
I updated via Internet to latest software version 13.12a following advice from my dealer, and in service menu - monitor information - I see a list of TV errors 0508 E6-2C. Any Idea?

0508 is a date code (8th May) and E6-2C points to I2C bus 2C address E6 which is one of the RGB switches on the Audio Video Switch PCB. This may be related to the spurious switching to AV6 but there are any number of reasons for i2c errors to occur so it is difficult to say with any certainty and it may be nothing to worry about. If you highlight the error code and press >> on the remote, there may be some additional information available about what type of error occurred. I would just keep an eye on the error list to see if they reoccur.

Martin.

All Replies

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Raffaele Sgherri

SKApretto71:

Probably normal - I'm not sure what the usual start up time is for the mk6 and It is possible to set additional delay on a per input basis to account for any slow to startup set top boxes so you could check that, but this doesn't sound excessive. Need to try and resolve the other issues first I guess.

SKApretto71:

This is most likely a faulty masterlink cable (or cores not punched down properly in a ML junction box). The fact the speaker has turned green, and presumably works makes it less likely to be (although not impossible) a fault with the television. Unplug the masterlink cable at both ends, inspect the plugs for damage, and take a close look at the masterlink sockets on both the BS3000 and the BV7 to see if any of the pins are bent out of place. If there are any ML junction boxes, check these for any loose connections too.

SKApretto71:

That shouldn't happen. You didn't have any cables plugged into the Av6 sockets when this happened did you (even if they were not connected to a camera at the other end)?

SKApretto71:

0508 is a date code (8th May) and E6-2C points to I2C bus 2C address E6 which is one of the RGB switches on the Audio Video Switch PCB. This may be related to the spurious switching to AV6 but there are any number of reasons for i2c errors to occur so it is difficult to say with any certainty and it may be nothing to worry about. If you highlight the error code and press >> on the remote, there may be some additional information available about what type of error occurred. I would just keep an eye on the error list to see if they reoccur.

Martin.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
731 Posts
Bronze Member

What a lovely helpful reply that was Martin. Are you a dealer in Exeter? I always keen to know those who go the extra mile and where they are based.... Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8, BR1, Essence

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

riverstyx:

Delays are set to 0 for all sources. I'd assume is just the boot time for the TV, as during this time the stand turn (if needed), the speakers switch on, then some noticeable delay and finally the curtain start. I'm with you may just be normal.

riverstyx:

Would love to believe, but we used two cables and both had exactly same behaviour. I cleaned plugs with a chopstich one by one to ensure no dirt is found, and found no noticeable connection outplaced. There is no junction box. Speakers works flawlessy on any TV driven source, alike DVD or TV.

riverstyx:

No cables were connected, I configured once just to test it - namely, to switch my PS3 from SCART to HDMI, as HDMI was blind, and then no more wired anything to it. None of the two casese it happened I had anything connected.

riverstyx:

Will do, it occurred indeed yesterday (Sunday 8th) so that may make sense. I noticed as well that AV2 SCART seems to be non-RGB enabled (if I send signal to it, screen is completely blue, while all is fine if i send standard old non-RGB signal via it and AV3 SCART is indeed RGB enabled but delivers no sound from SCART pins. I'm not sure those may be connected to the errors above.

You are a star, as other already said. This a GREAT response. We have not such competency in Italy from dealers. :(

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member

BAND'OH!:

What a lovely helpful reply that was Martin. Are you a dealer in Exeter? I always keen to know those who go the extra mile and where they are based.... Simon.

Thanks Simon. I'm not a dealer but I have spent a lot of time in the Exeter store and got to know them well. I've done bits of work in the store (most recently this weekend - automating the shutters in the store so they can be operated via the blgw) and next week I am attending the Certified Installer training at B&O UKs HQ so will be more involved with the Exeter store after that.

For the last decade or so I've worked as an electrician - mainly Industrial, commercial and high end domestic so I've had a lot of involvement with controls and automation but my background prior to that was in Computer science (and a little electronics) which certainly helps with understanding the intricacies of the modern products which are largely digital in nature.

Most of my B&O knowledge has come from Beoworld, either directly in in relation to threads I've been involved in, or by reading through the historic posts where others have taken the time to share their experience, so it's only fair that I contribute where I feel I am able to provide some (hopefully) useful input.  It is afterall the sharing of experience, and the friendly group of diverse yet likeminded individuals here that make this forum such a useful resource Smile

SKApretto71:
No cables were connected, I configured once just to test it - namely, to switch my PS3 from SCART to HDMI, as HDMI was blind, and then no more wired anything to it. None of the two casese it happened I had anything connected.

Okay, best to monitor this and check what additional details are given by highlighting the error and pressing '>>' if it happens again. The error itself just tells you something unexpected occured on the i2c but, and the additional details should give an indication of what that unexpected event was. Unfortunately, it is still unlikely to give much indication as to "why".

SKApretto71:
I noticed as well that AV2 SCART seems to be non-RGB enabled (if I send signal to it, screen is completely blue, while all is fine if i send standard old non-RGB signal via it and AV3 SCART is indeed RGB enabled but delivers no sound from SCART pins. I'm not sure those may be connected to the errors above.

According to the service manual pinouts, both AV2 and AV3 scart sockets support RGB, and obviously both should most definately support analogue audio input. The masterlink audio will also be routed through the AVS (audio video switch) module too, so it is looking like the most likely candidate for the faults you are experiencing (I'm not a trained service technician though so final diagnosis ought to be carried out someone who is before replacement modules are ordered etc). You mentioned your dealer had assisted with software updates - did you purchase this 2nd hand BV from the dealer or was it from another seller? If the former I would ask the dealer to repair the fault and if not do you have any option of returning the television if it comes to that?

SKApretto71:
Would love to believe, but we used two cables and both had exactly same behaviour. I cleaned plugs with a chopstich one by one to ensure no dirt is found, and found no noticeable connection outplaced. There is no junction box. Speakers works flawlessy on any TV driven source, alike DVD or TV.

If both sockets look undamaged, and you've tried more than one cable - the only other thing you could try here (if you have a ML junction box available and don't mind cutting one of the ML cables is half) is to cross connect the left and right audio channels between the two devices. You'd need to connect all of the cables within the junction box as intended same colour for both halfs) except that you would connect:

The white/orange (L-) of one half of the cable, to the white/red (R+) of the other half.

The orange (L+)  of one hald to the red (R+) of the other half.

The white/red (R-) of one half to the white/orange (L-) of the other half.

and the red (R+) of one half to the orange (L+) of the other half.

This would normally (in a fully functioning setup) result in the left and right channels being swapped, but in this instance it will result in either:

The left speaker starts working (albeit playing the right channel audio), and the right speaker goes silent - this would indicate the BS3000 is only sending out audio on one channel so the fault lies with the BS3000

or

The left speaker remains silent, and the right speaker now plays the left channel audio being sent by the BS3000 - this would indicate the fault lies with the BV7.

Hope this helps.

Martin.

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for you support, that's impressive.

I tried to access erro details, but from Monitor Information page I can only select "o" button to come back, arrows or navigation joystick does not move any cursor or selection on the screen, how can I select the errors? They are still there, now dated today. I disabled AV6 to avoid the source switch and do not happens anymore, but the error still get reported. I also noticed - quite strange - that in few instances the red standby led do not switch off as I close the TV, alike it had power saving settings enabled ( which is not ).

When I bought this TV, from a remote reseller, pictures shown no errors at all. A local dealer setup the cabling and tested the TV, as I said, but updates were only just via Internet through a LAN cable, not via USB or serial. It's not the one that sold the TV. Repair path, however, would be through them as reseller is far from here. I'm assuming a check would be needed on the TV, if I cannot find good reasons for the behavior.

I'm an old user of the forum and even won a monthly prize a while back, this is an incredible forum.

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for you support, that's impressive.

I tried to access erro details, but from Monitor Information page I can only select "o" button to come back, arrows or navigation joystick does not move any cursor or selection on the screen, how can I select the errors? They are still there, now dated today. I disabled AV6 to avoid the source switch and do not happens anymore, but the error still get reported. I also noticed - quite strange - that in few instances the red standby led do not switch off as I close the TV, alike it had power saving settings enabled ( which is not ).

When I bought this TV, from a remote reseller, pictures shown no errors at all. A local dealer setup the cabling and tested the TV, as I said, but updates were only just via Internet through a LAN cable, not via USB or serial. It's not the one that sold the TV. Repair path, however, would be through them as reseller is far from here. I'm assuming a check would be needed on the TV, if I cannot find good reasons for the behavior.

I'm an old user of the forum and even won a monthly prize a while back, this is an incredible forum.

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member

SKApretto71:
tried to access erro details, but from Monitor Information page I can only select "o" button to come back, arrows or navigation joystick does not move any cursor or selection on the screen, how can I select the errors? They are still there, now dated today. I disabled AV6 to avoid the source switch and do not happens anymore, but the error still get reported.

My previous post was from memory and was a little misleading - you don't have to select anything, just press the >> button to view each column of the error list (there are several columns so press it repeatedly until you have viewed them all). I don't think this changed with the nav button beo4 but I'm not sure if I've ever tried with one. The error list will always display the most recent errors, so as you say, the fact that the dates are now showing as today does indicate the problem is still occuring

SKApretto71:
I also noticed - quite strange - that in few instances the red standby led do not switch off as I close the TV, alike it had power saving settings enabled ( which is not ).

I think the normal behaviour is:

power saving = on: standby LED will be lit for a brief while after the TV is switched off, then it will turn off completely (TV is now in full power save mode and no longer listening for ML commands etc).

power saving = off: standby LED will remain lit constantly after the TV is switched off.

SKApretto71:
but updates were only just via Internet through a LAN cable, not via USB or serial.

It is only possible to update the BluRay via ethernet. The other modules within the television require a laptop and the service tool. Having said that, you mentioned your BV7 is showing SW13.12 which is the latest software so it looks to be up-to-date.

SKApretto71:
Repair path, however, would be through them as reseller is far from here. I'm assuming a check would be needed on the TV, if I cannot find good reasons for the behavior.

Yes, if it were my TV I would be asking the reseller to resolve the issue from here, by instructing and paying for your local dealer to carry out the work if necessary. You've already done way more fault finding that can reasonably be expected of an end user and I don't believe there is anything further you can do (or should be expected to do) yourself.

You seem to have multiple issues which all point towards the same part of the televisions circuitry - It may be that the AVS module is faulty, it could even be something as simple as a connector between modules that has become dislodged whilst the television has been in transit, but either way I think you've gone as far as you can.

Kind regards,

Martin.

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

riverstyx:
My previous post was from memory and was a little misleading - you don't have to select anything, just press the >> button to view each column of the error list (there are several columns so press it repeatedly until you have viewed them all). I don't think this changed with the nav button beo4 but I'm not sure if I've ever tried with one.

Your memory was fine, and for your information the only change is that you need to use the nav button instead of >> to navigate the list (not just right/left, but even up/down for additional Log details). Details pages are about 15 rows, not just the 4 shown in first summary page. Just out of your curiosity, in my case I see a lot of repetitions of same few errors:

0. Error Type, Specific, Error Parameter

1 POW_D_E_W_TIM_R, Error Code: 004E, Param: 0000009E

2 IO_ERROR, IIC2C-E6:ACK_MIS, Param: 0101E604

riverstyx:
It is only possible to update the BluRay via ethernet. The other modules within the television require a laptop and the service tool. Having said that, you mentioned your BV7 is showing SW13.12 which is the latest software so it looks to be up-to-date.

I was too fast typing, this is what I meant. I did the BluRay update just fine. SW version was already set to this version before I bought it.

riverstyx:
Yes, if it were my TV I would be asking the reseller to resolve the issue from here, by instructing and paying for your local dealer to carry out the work if necessary.

This is my intent and will do, as I need anyhow to have the TV serviced to update the PUC table with the codes for my Italian MySkyHD STB that required an update, as I did for my beloved BV3. In case the issue proves to be the RGB switchboard as you guessed, is it a replacement can be done on site or I'd need to move the TV up to the dealer? This is not near by any mean, unfortunately. I'm thinking to provide them with the error codes in advance, would that be an help for them?

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

To close this thread and update, all the advices were correct.

1. I brought the TV to the local B&O dealer and got it fixed - he had to replace the AV Switchboard as well as the Computer board

2. All issues are cleared and fixed. It's a gorgeous TV :)

Thanks for the good advices and troubleshooting helps.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL