Transmitter 1 with Amplifier

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Claudom
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Claudom posted on Tue, Apr 5 2016 10:34 AM

Hi, I am trying to incorporate my BeoLab 17 with BeoLab14 to form a 7.1 setup. For this I have a 3rd party AV Receiver (Onkoy TX-SR444) with only speaker wire ouputs (therefore not line level).

As far as I know the transmitter only accepts line level or optical inputs, and I am using the BeoLab 14 as my rear speakers. How else can I do it? I know there are adaptors that convert speaker wires to RCA plugs but that does not solve the problem of unmatched power (speaker outputs are much higher than the line in).

Please help ASAP as this will be my very last issue.

Claud

All Replies

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Claud,

You have indeed a bit of a dilemma because you have both active and passive speakers and an AV Receiver which has no pre-amp out.

The Transmitter 1 will really not help with this.

Unless I am wrong your best bet is to buy a new AV receiver that supports 7.1 and has sufficient pre amp out. Something like a Marantz 5010 should do the trick.

The T1 would work quite well with your BeoLab17, however, you can't convert the 14's to wireless.

Good luck!

Claudom
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Tifoso48,

I think I do have to invest in one. I have looked at LOC Converters too but I'm not sure I trust those... Marantz 5010 is a bit expensive, do you have any other suggestions?

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

Claude,

The Marantz 5009 is significantly less and there really is not much difference to the 5010 - I think it would do a great job for you.

Tifoso48
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

Claude,

The Marantz 5009 is significantly less and there really is not much difference to the 5010 - I think it would do a great job for you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL