Problems with Beogram 5005

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

akmd
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
akmd posted on Mon, Apr 4 2016 11:23 PM

I've just got hold of a Beogram 5005 and I'm having problems with the toner arm. The arm refuses to lift up when I press the lift button and therefore does not play records without the stylus scratching both the player and any record that I put on it. Is there any way that I can fix this or do I need to send it back to the place that I bought it from?

All Replies

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
364 Posts
Bronze Member

akmd:

I've just got hold of a Beogram 5005 and I'm having problems with the toner arm. The arm refuses to lift up when I press the lift button...

You should press "play", and the tonearm don't need to lift,, because in stand-by the arm is already lift. All beograms do it this way, because they have no rest for their arm. 

Can you hear any mechanical action, when you activate play? 

Is the original (old) pick-up installed? They mostly have all a problem with the needle suspension. So this will be another cost factor.

akmd:

Is there any way that I can fix this or do I need to send it back to the place that I bought it from?

What are your skills? If you not have two left hands, and a sense for mechanical processes, you might have a try, but otherwise 

I suggest, you bring it back to the place you bought it from.

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
779 Posts
Bronze Member

Not to uncommon when they get shaken and bumped. Lift off the platter in the back you should see a white plastic bar, this bar lifts and lowers the tonearm.

To the left you will see the hook that holds the floating chassis in place and to the right is a metal hook that las a little bend in at the end of it. The hook to the right is the one that holds tension on the plastic white bar that holds the tone arm up.

It should look like this, little finger sitting in front of that metal hook. If you don't see the white plastic bar it could be laying down with no pressure on the little finger to hold it up. Gently lift the white bar and position in front of the wire hook.

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
364 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

did you open the cabinet meanwhile?

first of all and more important: there has to be a spring on the other side of that white bar. If it is missing, the tonearm will never lift.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL