Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoLab - which of them can be repaired with standard components and thus last?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
88 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoMedia posted on Mon, Mar 21 2016 8:26 AM

We have, and still do, seen many launches of new BeoLab speakers and I think most of us buy these speakers with a plan to keep them forever (though we may not do so in the end).

This poses a challenge as these speakers have become more and more complex with smaller circuit boards that presumably cannot be repaired. If your newer speaker develop a fault the repair procedure is to change an entire module This is costly if out of warranty but what do you do if your speaker is no longer supported by B&O?

Which speakers can be repaired with standard electronic components and which cannot?
My thinking is that an old BeoLab Penta, BeoLab 3000, BeoLab 4500, BeoLab 5000 etc should have fairly standard components on a nice large circuit board (drivers may need refurbishing from foam rot but that can also be dealt with).
From which time did the BeoLab speakers become too complex to not be able to be repaired by standard components? 
I have read threads with an owner of BeoLab 1 with issues and luckily B&O had decided to reinitiate support for those but what about in the future?
A thought, but is it all speakers that had ICE and onwards that are difficult?
Is a BeoLab 8000 latest edition pretty much the newest that can be repaired with standard electronic components?
Any advice from someone who knows would be much appreciated.

Are these all fine to repair?
BL Penta
BL4000
BL6000
BL8000

Are these dependant on B&O support remains as components are non-standard?
BL2
BL4000 ICE
BL6000 ICE
BL8002
BL9
BL20
Etc.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL