rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Mark-N
Not Ranked
Maryland, USA
320 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark-N posted on Fri, Dec 25 2015 4:15 PM

I gave my sister a BeoPlay A6 for Christmas and set it up this morning.  It set up easily and sounds wonderful.  Unfortunately I discovered something that might be a problem with the unit.  I was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

It didn't start during the initial setup, but after playing Tunein and Airplay I noticed a slight fast clicking noise soft enough that you can only hear during quiet passages.  Upon standby it becomes loader and faster. Loud enough that it would quickly become annoying if it stayed plugged in.  I tried resetting it, but the clicking sound returned as soon as it was plugged in.  It is a strange thing.

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,782 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Dec 25 2015 4:33 PM
Mark-N:

I gave my sister a BeoPlay A6 for Christmas and set it up this morning. It set up easily and sounds wonderful. Unfortunately I discovered something that might be a problem with the unit. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

It didn't start during the initial setup, but after playing Tunein and Airplay I noticed a slight fast clicking noise soft enough that you can only hear during quiet passages. Upon standby it becomes loader and faster. Loud enough that it would quickly become annoying if it stayed plugged in. I tried resetting it, but the clicking sound returned as soon as it was plugged in. It is a strange thing.

Was the reset a factory reset? Could be a faulty unit. Never experienced that on mine

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Mark-N
Not Ranked
Maryland, USA
320 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Fri, Dec 25 2015 4:40 PM

It was reset by the button on the bottom with a paper clip.   I then had to set it up from scratch.  The clicking sound was present throughout the entire process, unlike the beginning when I set it up.  The clicking sound wasn't noticable for the first time until I stopped playing music.  At first I held down the stop button on the Essence remote for about 5 seconds to power it down and the fast clicking sound started immediately.  I played another song and it seemed to stop, and when I just stopped the song by briefly hitting the stop button it wasn't noticable until the unit powered down after 20 minutes.   Now it's always there, even during the reset.

Mark-N
Not Ranked
Maryland, USA
320 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Fri, Dec 25 2015 5:39 PM

I also noticed that the touch interface on the top appears not to work, unless my fingers are dead!  There must be something wrong with this unit...

I wonder if you pair an Essence remote to the A6 if it disables the top interface?  The power button works, and possible the bluetooth button, but nothing else on the top does anything.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,782 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Dec 26 2015 10:00 PM
You should have it replaced. It's clearly something wrong. It may be that the Essence remote may disconnect the touch control, but that sounds a bit strange.

But the noise is clearly something faulty.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Mark-N
Not Ranked
Maryland, USA
320 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sat, Dec 26 2015 11:15 PM

It sounds like there is a woodpecker stuck inside.  I wonder if that is possible???

Mark-N
Not Ranked
Maryland, USA
320 Posts
Bronze Member

I just received the replacement A6.  The packaging looks like it was opened before and I had a little trouble with the network setup so I was a little worried.  But after resetting the unit and setting it up, the problems I encountered with the first unit are not affecting the new A6.  Also with the two Essence remotes paired the touch interface on the top of the A6 still work.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL