Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beomaster 1900 tone control / FM unit help.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Nick_Ward
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Nick_Ward posted on Wed, Jun 27 2012 1:35 PM

Hi,

I'm kinda new round here, so I'm hoping I'm posting in the right place!

I've just come across a Beocenter 1900, which had 'very low volumes on both sides' when I bought it.

After hours on fun (!!), I tracked it down to the balance fader -neither wiper was making contact with the track. I've popped in four 10K resistors to make the circuit 'think' that the fader is exactly half position, and it appears to work, but now I realise there's a problem with the tone control circuit.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a complete board from?

Or, failing that any idea where I can get the sliders themselves from?

Many thanks for your time,

Nick

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,178 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 2:28 PM

Welcome to Beoworld !

Repair the potentiometers.

"ORIGINAL POST EDITED" because new repair parts are now available for rebuilding the tonecontrol (bass, treble, balance) potentiometer sliders.
PM or email me.

Martin

Nick_Ward
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Martin,

Thanks! I was rather hoping you *weren't* going to say this!

I fear there may be tiny parts actually missing, but I'll try to do what you suggest.

Thanks for your help!

Nick

Nick_Ward
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Martin,

Just to let you know that I've managed to repair all three sliders on that board.

Thank you for the very polite: 'kick up the a***' and telling me to fix it myself!

It all works fine, apart from the left side being down by quite a degree.

Am I correct in thinking it'll be the capacitors?

In which case, which ones are prone to dry up, or is it ALL of them in the signal path?

Thanks for your time!

Nick

astrolon88
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin,

regarding the bass potentiometer repair on Beomaster 1900, do i have to solder out the weld points on the rear side of the circuit board to be able to remove the plastic pot where the slider stand ? I tried to remove it by pushing the four plastic clips but i couldn't dissociate it from the board.

Also the brass contact felt from the slider, i keep it "securely" until i will be able to fix it again with glue, but seems that it lost the tiny coal dot.. do you think i can replace with some high temperature silicone or graphite ? can you advice me a material i could use to fix ?

thank you ,

stephane

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,178 Posts
Founder

Stephane,

New repair parts are now available (and I've edited my first answer in this thread to suit).
Email or PM me for details - or do a Google search.

The coal tips cannot be replaced by silicone or the likes. It needs to be wear-proof and at least conductive.
I may be able to supply good used discrete parts for potentiometers etc. if you lost some.

Martin

astrolon88
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you Martin , i apologise for my late feedback as i just see your reply...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL