Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Victor
Not Ranked
Aarhus
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Victor posted on Wed, Dec 9 2015 8:52 AM

Hi guys,

I'm planning on selling my Beomaster 4400 together with the Beovox M100-2s, and replace them with a pair of Beolab 9. I've read only excellent reviews of them and don't have the cash for BL20 :-)

At the same time, I would like to get rid of the wire clutter and set them up with the new solution from Google - the Chromecast Audio. This works fine now with my BM4400, but I was wondering if it would work also with the BL9. 

What else would I need besides the BL9 speakers? Is it mandatory to have also a Beocenter music system with them? I would like to cast music from the iPhone and computer.

Does the Beo4 remote work with the BL9? Do I need one?

Thanks a lot!

Victor

All Replies

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
538 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

You could use a beoplay connection hub and connect the Chromecast audio to the line in and the BL9's to the powerlink out, you then also have an optical connection you could use for something else. Only down size is that the hub does not work with the Beo4 volume, but can learn other remotes volume commands.

Victor
Not Ranked
Aarhus
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Victor replied on Wed, Dec 9 2015 11:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So this means I don't need a pre-amp with the speakers?

In theory I could also use a jack to DIN cable to plug in the Chromecast audio, or?

Thanks again

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

As far as I am aware, the device provides a fixed line-out signal (please correct me if I am wrong).

So you will need some kind of preamp with volume controlling in between.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Victor
Not Ranked
Aarhus
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Victor replied on Wed, Dec 9 2015 12:49 PM

Hi MM,

Yes, the Chromecast Audio provides a line out. I can control the volume through the iPhone - say Spotify app, but with the BL9 i would need an additional volume control in the same way i use now the BM4400.

Would the Essence help in this regard? I'm looking for a convenient way to control the volume of the BL9 , other than the one from the iPhone. 

I would like to avoid as much as possible pre-amps as they are big and ugly + the whole bunch of wires that comes with them.

The reason I'm asking all these is that I would like to make the BL9 wireless in the most neat way possible (of course minding also the costs).

Thank you

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

The BL 9 has no ir-receiver built-in!

Better start saving for the BL5's ;-)

Then all you would need are the speakers, the Beo4, the Chrome Audio and a small (digital) optical to (digital) coax converter (and a couple of other cables).

P.S. Of course the BS Essence would help (and a Transmitter1/Receiver1-combo) - but then you (probably) would not need the Chrome-thing.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,985 Posts
Bronze Member

Victor:

I'm looking for a convenient way to control the volume of the BL9 , other than the one from the iPhone. 

If you are looking for a convenient way to do things, you should take a look at the Audioengine B1.

That is a bluetooth receiver with a pretty good DAC built-in.

Look at the reviews - only good ones there.

Connect the RCA output (R/L) to the PL's of the BL9's (set as Line) and control everything with your phone/tablet.

Do use good cables (see SoundsHeavely).

MM

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
714 Posts
Bronze Member

I feel this is getting more complicated than it should be.

The Essense solution would Work great if you only want to listen to music.

If you want to connect to TV then look at the new BEOPLAY Hub.

There is no reason to look at other than the two solutions. 

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL