rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 34 Replies | 2 Followers

Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Orfeof posted on Sat, Nov 7 2015 10:47 PM

Hello, please I need help.I have a BV7 MKIII only screen, I connected it to my BEOSYSTEM 7000 using a Converter 1611 because I want to hear the audio of the TV on Pentas connected to BS. I have set 1 on BV and 1 on BS  but does not feel anything.

What have I wrong about it?

Many Thanks

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Orfeof replied on Tue, Nov 10 2015 8:39 AM
Verified by Orfeof

Hi Stefan, with the you recommended set up using the Beo4 when I press DTV the BS and BV turn on, I listen the  audio BV properly, but I see nothing on TV, probably I wrong something.

All Replies

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member

Are the TV and Beomaster in the same room or different rooms?  Are you sure you set the Options correctly?  Which remote are you using to do this?

Dave.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,543 Posts
Bronze Member

Push 'AV' and then 'TV' (or any souurce button of the BV).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Orfeof replied on Sun, Nov 8 2015 10:33 AM
Hi, Dave, in the same room there are Beosystem 7000, Beovision 7-40 MKIII, Beovision MX4000, Beolink 7000.
I heve used to set the options Beo4, and Beolink 1000.
The user manual, that I have says for device in the same room set option 1.
Do you know if I the Master Link socket on the tv must be anabled?
I thinking the the prolem is on tv or converter, because when I set option on Beomaster  I can see on its display "oI", but on the tv I see only  the  flashing red dot "stand-by" .
Thanks

Orfeo
Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Orfeof replied on Sun, Nov 8 2015 10:34 AM
Hi MM,
sorry but I not understand, please can you explain in detail, I'm not so expert.
I for got to writhe that the tv has installed  the tuner DVB-T. 
Many Thanks

Orfeo
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,543 Posts
Bronze Member

The socalled 'AV' function was used to shift the sound of one system (e.g. a BV) to another system (e.g. an audiomaster).

Pushing the 'AV' button on the BeoLink 1000 (it should be there as a hardbutton) before you push the (?) 'DTV' button (= 'SAT') should shift the sound from the BV7 to the BSystem7000 - if properly set up.

Note: be sure that the converter is the last device to be powered on after the BV and the BSys7000!

However, a much better solution would be to connect the speakers to the BV7 - the handling is much easier then, since it automatically turns on the speakers for, what is needed.

In that case the BV should be in Option 2 and the audiosystem in Option 0.

MM

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member
Millemissen:

However, a much better solution would be to connect the speakers to the BV7 - the handling is much easier then, since it automatically turns on the speakers for, what is needed.

In that case the BV should be in Option 2 and the audiosystem in Option 0.

MM

Which is what I was coming to next. That's by far a better solution.

Dave.
Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for your answers, I have tried but noting has happened.

I prefer to leave the Pentas connected to Beosystem for a better audio quality.

I listen more music.

Have you other suggestions?

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member
Are you sure there will be a difference in sound quality? Can't see it myself. Why don't you try it and see. It's a much simpler solution and these types of units are designed to be used via TV's.

Dave.
Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member

I have not tried, but many people are agree with this point of view . I believe that however the sound is modified slightly by passing through the television.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member
I'm sure the TV won't alter the signal and is effectively just a conduit between beomaster and speakers. If you perceive a difference, you can adjust it to your taste via bass, treble adjustments. No signal will be lost so I think this is just a perceived effect.

I'd be interested to hear other's comments on this as by implication, anyone who is using these systems as designed by B&O (for example by Masterlinking their Beomaster or Beosound systems) are sacrificing sound quality. I can't believe this is the case.

I've run systems both ways and I couldn't tell you f any difference.

Dave.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,543 Posts
Bronze Member

@Orfeo

How is your converter connected?

Which cable(s) do you use.

By the way - I would support Dave in his view on keeping the speakers on the 7000 vs on the BV!!!

P.S. You wrote 'BV7 MKlll only screen' - does that mean, that there isn't any speaker(s) connected to it at all?

MM

Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member

You're right, Dave, it would be interesting to hear the opinion of people who use this type of connection. For MM, the converter is connected with cable Masterlik to TV, and  to Beolink with Data Link cable to the socket Aux .

In any case Idon't understand, by manual  the setting seems easy to do.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,543 Posts
Bronze Member

And the answer to my P.S. question???

MM

Orfeof
Not Ranked
Venice Italy
38 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry MM , I forgot there  is no speakers connectet to BV (I bought only the screen).

Must I use Pentas (possible connected to the BS).

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL