rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
907 Posts
Bronze Member
Manbearpig posted on Sun, Oct 4 2015 12:44 PM

Dear members,

does anybody have any infos on this telephone? Is it some special version of the Beocom 600? I could find astonishingly little in the internet...

Greetings,

Kai

All Replies

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Kai,

I don't know, but could this be a version with an inductive loop for hearing aid users?

HAC in telephones usually stands for 'Hearing Aid Compatible'.

It might even be the case that all Beocom 600s have this but that labelling to inducate this is required in some territories.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
907 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, this seems to be the mod. Any experiences with it? Is it worth owning? Greetings, Kai

etilekom1956
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi there! Of course it is worth owing it if you like vintage phones! I have a Beocom 2000 since new which works like a charm and i just bough a beocom 600 off of ebay. And the price was right!

Only caveat is the luck of instructions for using the menu and the memory etc. So i am in need of a user instructions manual and i noticed even formal B&O site does not provide one! Of course i have my Beocom 2000 manual but - surprise - the Beocom 600 buttons do not correspond to it!

So i would like to address  to any member of the forum who might have a hard copy or a electronic copy of the Beocom 600 manual to send me a email or contact me. I would very much appreciate any help i can get to have this phone up and running! Thanking you in advance

Manos

etilekom1956
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

It does worth having it if you ike vintage corded phones.

I have a Beocom 2000 and just bought a Beocom 600 but i need a instructions manual to take advantage of its menu. Is there anybody out there with a copy of it? Any suggestions or instructions on how to use the memories etc? Your kind replies will be very much appreciated as formal B&O  has nothing on it!

Cheers

Manos

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member

etilekom1956:

It does worth having it if you ike vintage corded phones.

I have a Beocom 2000 and just bought a Beocom 600 but i need a instructions manual to take advantage of its menu. Is there anybody out there with a copy of it? Any suggestions or instructions on how to use the memories etc? Your kind replies will be very much appreciated as formal B&O  has nothing on it!

Cheers

Manos

Hi and welcome to beoworld.

The Beocom 600 manual, along with many others, is available on this site by upgrading to Silver or Gold membership (and doing so helps to fund the running costs of the site).

To answer your specific question - to store a number, you pick up the handset, press enter, then dial the number, press enter again, and then press the button you wish to store this number against (0-9, or one of the three speed dial buttons).

Kind Regards,

Martin.

etilekom1956
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin and thank you very much for your response and info about my issue.

One more Q if you have the answer: The top right button on the 600 is signed with an  R letter but it is not the redial  redial as i would expect it to be since the 5th button from top (last one) is the redial button! Do you have any idea what the R button stands for?

Thanking you in advance

Manos

PS I want to subscribe but capital controls here is Greece do not allow the use of credit cards over the internet! Will paypal do the job?

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess it would be the 'recall' button (different to 'redial'), it's used to send a hook flash (equivalent to a very quick press of the switch that is engaged when the handset is returned to it's resting or 'hang-up' position).

It is often used on internal (PABX) systems to enable another extension number to be dialled in order to transfer a call, and is also used for features such as three way calling if your telephone provider supports these.

Martin.

etilekom1956
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you very much Martin i appreciate your kind response to my Q.

Now i am looking forward to receiving the phone, i will get back when i try it, meantime i am also after a  Beocom 1600!

Best regards

Manos

etilekom1956
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Coming back to the menu on beocom telephones from the 90ies i wonder  if B&O ever took into account variables like menu language etc....What i mean to say is that if you buy a phone which was normally sold in Denmark would it have menu in English language? And i do not mean the wording (letters)on the buttons -because this is easy when you have the English manual to compare -  but the actual menu of the phone.

It might be easy to figure out how the 600 menu works since after all it is a simple telephone, but when it comes to other more sophisticated phones with more complex menus (like the 1600 or even the 2400) then things are getting more difficult to  figure out....So my question is this: If i buy a phone with Danish language on the buttons will it be possible to get into the menu and with English manual figure out how to set it up ie a Beocom 2400 ? Or should i avoid to pursue such a unit? Any help will be very much appreciated!

poulladehoff
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Gold Member

Hello Martin.

I am now a gold member. Where can I download a manual to BeoCom 600?

Kind Regards

Poul Ladehoff

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
934 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Poul,

If you click on 'main site', then on 'products', there is a link near the bottom of that page for the user and service manuals.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL