Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Control of Beovision 7-40 floor stand

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 5 Followers

achangtrakul
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
achangtrakul posted on Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:31 AM

Time has come to retire my Beovision 7-40 (MK II). I am going for a none B&O flatscreen, that I was thinking of mounting on the B&O floor stand, keeping the Beolab 7-2 as a sound bar for the new TV. I would like to be able to continue to control the motor in the stand with the BEO4 remote. Anybody here with previous experience or suggestions with this proposed set-up?

All Replies

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,265 Posts
Bronze Member

The signals for the stand arrive via the BV7 - not direct to the stand so it won't work with a different TV on the stand.  Not sure how you'll mount a non-B&O TV onto the stand either as the fitting points will be different.

Dave.

achangtrakul
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply. As I see it (not a technical person), the motor must reside in the base, and a signal must somehow be sent to that motor to tur left, right and stop. You connect the stand to the BV7 with their 8-pin powerlink, so I am guessing that the signal must run through here?

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,265 Posts
Bronze Member

Correct.

Dave.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,114 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Wed, Sep 23 2015 10:27 AM

achangtrakul:

Time has come to retire my Beovision 7-40 (MK II). I am going for a none B&O flatscreen, that I was thinking of mounting on the B&O floor stand, keeping the Beolab 7-2 as a sound bar for the new TV. I would like to be able to continue to control the motor in the stand with the BEO4 remote. Anybody here with previous experience or suggestions with this proposed set-up?

Interesting idea. First of all non-B&O TV´s feature VESA mounts almost always. So you would first have to find a solution (that is both safe and stable) to mount your non-B&O TV to the non-standard B&O mounting bracket. 

I don't know exactly how the floor stand for BV7 works but for my Avant the stand recognizes where it is even if you move it by hand. Therefore I believe there is not only voltage for the engines to move but also some kind of data being sent to/from the stand of it´s current status.

I think there are four cables in the BV Avant 55" floor stand, I would believe two of these are for power and the other two are for data. There is also a ground cable. It would require both power, and something to control the engines with the right amount of power and possibly also a solution to interface with the sensors and possibly processors etc on boards in the stand. It might be a very tricky thing to do. And most probably it is. 

achangtrakul
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

As opposed to your Avant, the stand for BV7 only has one cable, the powerlink 8-pin (and a mains cable, off course). I don't need the stand to have the 'memory', just the ability to turn it left and right. I was thinking a programmable IR converter (maybe the one from Lintronic), could convert the signal from the BEO4 remote into right or left turns. Something like that. Anybody tried that out?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,272 Posts
Bronze Member

It is amazing to see how people struggle to keep the functionality of a BV, when they decide not to buy a BV 🙀

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BeoMotion
Top 200 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member

The old stands have a 5 pin connector.

• 14V 
  • GND
  • turn left
  • turn right
  • current position

As you see it should be quite simple to turn the stand to the left/right even without a B&O TV. 
There is also one signal that shows the current position. Currently I don't know whether this is analog or a PWM signal. 

So somebody just needs to hook up a scope and find out to which levels the turn signals gets pulled and how the current position is sent.
Could be a nice arduino project. Translating an IR command from your TV remote into a turn signal... 

Please don't connect a powersupply to your stand unless you know what you are doing.

The current stands of BV11, Avant, ... are totally different.

BR,
BeoMotion. 

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
901 Posts
Bronze Member

I had a look at some of the service manuals a while ago to see if they might shed any light on this - I don't have any B&O motorised stands but I am part way through building a motorised wall bracket to lower my BV7 down over the mantle which it sits above, and I'd ideally like to control this with the stand output from the TV.

Unfortunately, as soon as I realised there is a stand with motorised turn and motorised tilt, but which still uses the same 5 connections, how it is controlled became even less clear!

Martin.

BeoMotion
Top 200 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, the manuals are a bit strange and not very helpful regarding this topic.
Maybe the left/right signals are tristate and Hi-Z when no command is sent? Maybe they can be pulled low for turning and high for tilting?

I can hook up a scope tomorrow and check that. Shouldn't take too long to figure out how it works...

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
901 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, I thought too about the possibility of pulling the lines either high or low for left/right or up/down. Unfortunately without a stand to try I'm not sure I'd see much on a scope as the TV does seem to detect when a stand is connected.

If you have a stand and are able to hook up a scope that would be great. I'll certainly be interested to hear what you might discover.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

achangtrakul
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi BeoMotion,

Were you successful in hooking up a scope?

bhca2
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
bhca2 replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:22 PM

Hi

Have also been looking at using an Avant 32" CRT motorised stand and mounting a newer TV onto it - know it seems like mutton dressing up as lamb but makes for an interesting project. Did BeoMotion (or anyone else) ever have any success in testing the ports with a scope? Would be very helpful to know!

Thanks very much for your help,

Ben

KjellG
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
KjellG replied on Mon, Nov 28 2016 9:26 PM

Stand for MX7000 has a DIN plug 4-pin. 2 for DC power. 2 for data. Inside the stand is a DC motor, some gears that will turn the top. Two circuit cards and a pot-meter for position. Max travel +/-45 degrees. It should be strait forward to hack it to direct dc contol with or without pot voltage return.

Data protocol unknown. Would be nice to know!

Steeen
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) Steeen replied on Wed, Nov 28 2018 6:58 AM

Hi, did you, or anyone else, find a solution? These floor stands are now easy to find at low cost and it would be cool to use them as intended, for any TV. I quite easily fitted a VESA bracket with the original bolts.

BeoVision 7-32" Mk 1 motorised TV stand with BeoLab 7-1

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL