rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

libor
Not Ranked
31 Posts
Bronze Member
libor posted on Fri, Sep 4 2015 11:57 AM

Hi B&Oguys,

I am going to buy Beolab 8000 and Beosound 9000 later this month and I wonder about connectivity.

This will be my first B&O gear of this kind so I have no experience. I learned that there is one powerlink and one cinch on each speaker. Plus there is one AUX on Beosound 9000. Now, I have 3 sources of sound: Beosound 9000 obviously, my Apple Airport Express (3.5 jack out) and my Tv (not B&O, 3.5 jack out).

So my question is, how do I connect these 3 sources to Beolab 8000?

I reckon I can connect Beosound to Beolab's powerlink, Airport to Beosound's AUX input and my TV to Beolab's cinch input, but then I would have to switch the connector in the back of both Beolab speakers to the Line position everytime I would want to watch TV, I am right?

If I am, this is not very practical solution. Is there something I am missing or is there some kind of HUB for this?

Thanks very much and excuse my english. 

All Replies

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,474 Posts
Founder
Look for Almando switches for auto sensing (almando multiplay or stereoplay (?))

or

Get some sort of Aux Ecpander that needs to be switched manually

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount. Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL