Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Anyone else having problems posting from an iPad?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member
Dave Farr posted on Mon, Aug 31 2015 6:03 PM

I've made 5 replies to posts over the last 2 days and they just disappear into the ether!  No reply is posted on a thread so where do they go?  It's very frustrating as normally I have no problems using my iPad for posting.

Dave.

All Replies

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
397 Posts
Bronze Member
Yip.... Same issueSad

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

Martin
Not Ranked
Sweden, Skövde
59 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Mon, Aug 31 2015 6:46 PM

iOS 8.4.1 safari and os x 8.0.8 can not edit post on beoworld. You have to open chrome for this. Also sending post is slow so you many times find yourself pressing post a second time and - double post is your game. 

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,405 Posts
Bronze Member

Beoworld pull- down menus don't work with Safari on the iPad, nor do smileys, and links are impossible other than posting web addresses in full. Otherwise, iPad still manages to post (if this post appears!)

Graham

Laurent1602
Not Ranked
Belgium
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Martin:

iOS 8.4.1 safari and os x 8.0.8 can not edit post on beoworld. You have to open chrome for this. Also sending post is slow so you many times find yourself pressing post a second time and - double post is your game. 

Safari for Mac has the same issue, can't open the menu on a post to edit it.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member
I can normally post and edit via my iPad but recently when I hit the 'post' button, nothing happens and my reply is simply lost and I have to redo it or use my PC. Otherwise it normally works fine. It's only been over the last few days. No problems with speed when it does work or with duplicate posts.

Dave.
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Dave Farr:

I can normally post and edit via my iPad but recently when I hit the 'post' button, nothing happens and my reply is simply lost and I have to redo it or use my PC. Otherwise it normally works fine. It's only been over the last few days. No problems with speed when it does work or with duplicate posts.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I have the same issue, but from the beginning of using my IPad for posting. Therefore I copy my post before I hit the 'post' button. This way I can create my post easy without typing again.

Regards

Räuber
Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member
I am happy, that Safari is no b&o software. The shitstorm would be...........
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Martin:

On my iDevices For Beoworld I don't use a browser -- just Philippe's Beoworld App.

I highly recommend it for its ease of use and ability to add images without fuss.

Yes posts do get lost -- but that happens when my wifi and/or Internet are slow.

Or more rarely the Beoworld server.

And posting on a moving train flipping between 3G and 4G towers is fraught with danger, but browsing is fine.

Beoworld by Philippe ROBIN

https://appsto.re/au/IISVx.i

BeoNut since '75

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member

Same app that I use.

Dave.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Aug 31 2015 11:09 PM
Dave Farr:

Dave.

Thanks Dave

I was not sure if people with the issue knew about the App

I agree that lately - not days - more like weeks & months - things have deteriorated

I recently made some 10 attempts at answering an MM question/ comment

Drove me nuts

Eventually 24 hours later they all appeared

I don't think it was a moderation issue

I put that occurrence down to the beoworld servers

The rest of the time I have learnt to monitor the system symbols to give a post time to get through

Moving away from a posted thread seems not to be an issue, however requesting a new thread while a post is still being transmitted does usual cause it to be lost

And posting big posts while streaming is troublesome

NB I am on an optical fibre up link which is a poor performer

BeoNut since '75

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member
We are miles away from anywhere, right in the middle of a forest. Old dial up type connection which according to the tests I do is only up to a maximum of 5.2MBps. Normally it's about 3.8. I'm surprised we can stream music, Netflix and use other wi-fi devices at the same time, but we can!

For a free app, I'm grateful that it is available and continue to use it.

Dave.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Dave Farr:

For a free app, I'm grateful that it is available and continue to use it.

Dave.

We benefit greatly from Philippe's generosity -- first LinkPlayer 1 (OK, he did charge for the production version but it was a once off 5 years ago Si I don't he retired to the Bahamas Devil) and LP 2 (still stuck in beta - but what a vision he had Sad) and this App.

I just wish he was around on the forum more often -- his technical insights on ML protocols and AirPlay were always good and useful.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
About to do my fifth post tonight

First short two line post got lost ... There was a long timeout / wait, no obvious Internet traffic at my end at 3:30am

Second short post took a long time but I was patient and eventually got the "wooosh" sound of a successful post

Repost of first post was instantaneous

Big post was instantaneous (I had taken the precaution of a copy for reposting)

Now here goes nothing .... (Takes a copy first)

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL