Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

B&O annual report released

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,636 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort posted on Thu, Aug 13 2015 8:23 AM

http://az498215.vo.msecnd.net/static/files/annual_reports/BO_AR14-15_UK.pdf

Stock is falling...

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,442 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 9:52 AM

What surprised me is that around 50% of revenue is from TVs and only 18% speakers.

B&O play is now 25% which shows the increasing importance of this new brand.

Ramasjang
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member

What is the las 7%?

Ramasjang
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member

What is the las 7%?

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,442 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 10:55 AM

Ramasjang:

What is the las 7%?

TV is 47%, speakers 18%, play 25%, audio 5%, "other" 5%.

I guess "other" is ICE power etc

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 11:32 AM
Actually stock has fallen 13,11%, only today.
Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 11:44 AM

Tvs is a HUGE percentage. Now we can see their importance for B&O. I think we'll be seeing more aded to their TV portfolio :) Well done PLAY!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,636 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:10 PM

Raeuber:
Actually stock has fallen 13,11%, only today.

Probably investors that want to take home their profit, since there will be no dividends paid out. During this year the Stock have increased some 48%.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,636 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:10 PM

Paul W:

Tvs is a HUGE percentage. Now we can see their importance for B&O. I think we'll be seeing more aded to their TV portfolio :) Well done PLAY!

V1 TVs are included in the TV segment.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:49 PM

Yes, which means that there really will be a replacement for the V1 :) With OLED from LG becoming affordable (£1500), it can only be a matter of time before this appears in a BV. Viewing angles compared to LCD is incredible!

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,442 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:06 PM

Paul W:

Yes, which means that there really will be a replacement for the V1 :) With OLED from LG becoming affordable (£1500), it can only be a matter of time before this appears in a BV. Viewing angles compared to LCD is incredible!

Let's hope so!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,636 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:16 PM

Listened to the webcast where Tue gave a presentation, and I made the following notes (this is how I perceived what Tue presented):

• General:

ICE power put out for sale.

B&O will be a leaner and more agile company. More outsourcing and technology partners.

Beoplay main growth driver for the group.

• Beoplay brand:

There will be an expansion of the headphone portfolio, and also other exiting products such as more portable speakers in the Beoplay range.
Xmas sales will make coming quarter strong for Beolay.
Also more third party distribution will drive Beoplay sales.
  • Bang & Olufsen brand 
Aiming for ”reduced complexity”. ”Simplified service related setup"
Despite many launches in the latest quarters for Bang and Olufsen, growth will be slow since they will be ”working with the distribution”. Expected moderate growth with ”mid single digit".
One of the reasons for the bad EBIT in Q4 was that Moment sales was lower than expected Q4. Tue called Moment a high margin product, so when Moment sales was lower than expected in last quarter, it gave a big impact on EBIT. Sales expected to catchup now when multiroom functionality has been launched.

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
781 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 1:44 PM
More Tv's that are affordable with up to date insides and 4k.

What about a 4k. Bv11?
vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,398 Posts
Bronze Member

Selling ICEpower?  After a subsidiary partner inventing it and being bought-out by B&O? 

I always thought that ICEpower was going to be a major growth area, with so much use by other companies that there was a marketing opportunity along the lines of 'ICEpower Inside' or 'B&O Inside', but what do I know?

Graham

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,442 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 4:58 PM

vikinger:

I always thought that ICEpower was going to be a major growth area, with so much use by other companies that there was a marketing opportunity along the lines of 'ICEpower Inside' or 'B&O Inside', but what do I know?

Graham

I think you are still going to be right vikinger..They may well do something along those lines in the same way as with the auto division. The report talks of licensing "by Bang &Olufsen" or by B&O play". That would work for ICE post sale.

Page 1 of 4 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL