Beogram 8002 Lamp

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 1 Follower

aprmike
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
aprmike posted on Thu, Aug 13 2015 7:49 AM

Can anyone point me in the direction of the opto sensor lamp on the Beogram 8002 please?  I've stripped the unit down but cant see where the lamp would be.

Thank you 

All Replies

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,281 Posts
Gold Member

Have you stripped it down with or without the assistance of the Service Manual?

As a Gold member, you have free access to the service manual here on Beoworld which should tell you all you need to know.

http://www.beoworld.org/manuals_view.asp?pid=307

Dave.

aprmike
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
aprmike replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:16 PM

Hi Dave,  I have used the manual for the strip down but can't locate the opto sensor lamp even in there.  I cant fathom where it would be, there's not much of it after the strip down! Thanks.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,801 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 12:40 PM

Depends on which opto sensor lamp, we are talking about;
There is one inside the sensorarm (the arm parallel to the tonearm) and another inside the tracking opto housing at the foot of the carriage.

Martin

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,643 Posts
Gold Member

There is also a lamp and two sensors inside the control panel.

sonavor

aprmike
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

The tone arm fails to move inwards, so the one in the opto housing.  I've removed the black cover but still can see where this would be.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,801 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Aug 13 2015 3:17 PM

It's at the foot of the carriage, not at the top.
If you swing the tonearm (carefully) frmo side to side, you can see that a metal arm below decks swings along. This arm goes
down to the opto sensor and lamp.

Martin

aprmike
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Here's the deck at the moment - where should I be looking please?

https

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BC7961840C95EB32!9365&authkey=!AIf83ozNsx-_-ic&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,643 Posts
Gold Member

Here is a picture showing the Beogram tracking lamp housing and adjustment screw. The lamp is inside that assembly. If you can, please post pictures of your Beogram in the Beoworld thread post. There is an "Options" tab on the Reply that allows you to browse to a picture on your computer and include it with the reply.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,643 Posts
Gold Member

Here is another angle of the tracking lamp housing.

aprmike
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi folks, I've located the lamp (not sure how I was missing it!).  Its working fine.  I have adjusted the aperture screw a tiny bit at a time but without much success.  Originally the tone arm would move in during play and then eject after a short while, now it moves in as before, plays a bit more, sticks on one part of the record for a few revolutions then ejects.  The carriage just isn't tracking with the record in play.

Any other thoughts please?

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,643 Posts
Gold Member

Check to make sure you have a good belt for the tonearm drive motor. Martin can provide you with a correct one if you aren't sure about the one you have.

The photo control could still be a source of the problem. In the area where the tonearm will drop down and play a record, can you perform the "Aperture for Photo Control" procedure (Page 5-3 in the service manual)? When you run the procedure I prefer to disconnect the platter motor connector and manually turn the platter rather than brake the platter with your hand.

Another procedure that you need to check is the "Manual << and > >>" (also on page 5-3).

If those procedures check out good and the problem is not fixed you will most likely need to do a restoration of electronics (recapping, reflowing solder connections, etc.).

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,801 Posts
Founder

Replace the LDR.

Martin

aprmike
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
aprmike replied on Mon, Jan 18 2016 10:10 PM

Revisiting this repair one again after a break.  I've cleaned the lens but still no joy, so LDR replacement is next.  What is the specification please?

Many thanks

aprmike
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
aprmike replied on Wed, Feb 17 2016 11:00 PM

So I've now replaced the LDR (12-35k) and its still the same. I've adjusted the aperture so the light is getting through but no tracking of the carriage still. 

I'm beginning to run out of hope / patience on this one now Sad

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL