rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 Posted: Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:20 PM

Another one bites the dust in a selloff. 

http://www.insideci.co.uk/news/chinese-tv-goliath-hisense-acquires-sharp-america.aspx

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,658
Bronze Member

I've written it before, the chinese are definitely coming, when it comes to tv's.

The era of Japan and Korea will soon be over.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 8:45 PM

Ouch sounds really nasty :( When the UK Sales guy said that Hisense was a 'premium' brand was he joking or telling sales lies? I'm thinking that this is pretty bad! Please, we don't want tacky cheap TVs in the UK. 

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:13 PM
Well they also have Loewe in there portfolio and part supply Phillips tv's.

They are number. 3 in screen suppliers...eeek.

One thing Loewe have which B&O don't have is that you can send video from one tv to another or stream to pads ect and when you move from one tv to the next. The main tv goes to standby but still sends to tv/other device ..nice.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,658
Bronze Member

I have tried to have that demonstrated a couple of times in Loewe shops - they never succeeded!

MM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:16 PM
Paul W:

Ouch sounds really nasty :( When the UK Sales guy said that Hisense was a 'premium' brand was he joking or telling sales lies? I'm thinking that this is pretty bad! Please, we don't want tacky cheap TVs in the UK.

Only place I have seen HiSense is cheap motels ... And the harsh colours are appropriate to the worn shabby decor

BeoNut since '75

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 616
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:13 PM

Millemissen:

I have tried to have that demonstrated a couple of times in Loewe shops - they never succeeded!

MM

As long as you stay to the same wifi network this works fluently between my Loewe Art UHD and my iPad with the Loewe Smart TV2move app...

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,441
Bronze Member
elephant:

Only place I have seen HiSense is cheap motels ... And the harsh colours are appropriate to the worn shabby decor BeoNut since '75

Well Hannspree made the V1-40s panel....

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-video/hannspree-tvs-3d-edge-led-100-hz-plus-giraffes-zebras-n15378.html

Beovision 11-55, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,554
Gold Member
More like LoSense

They could well be a good panel manufacturer but as a brand , i dont think so.

So what does this mean for the absolute stellar Sharp WISA player? The one that has CD, SACD, WISA etc that was previewed with B&O speakers at the CES show
Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 8:51 AM
@Benoit what's the picture like on your Loewe? What made you buy the tv and not a B&O?

The send video is something I like!
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,658
Bronze Member

benoit:

Millemissen:

MM

As long as you stay to the same wifi network this works fluently between my Loewe Art UHD and my iPad with the Loewe Smart TV2move app...

Thanks!

I just wanted to see it action - but couldn't.

By the way - it this the case with ALL content, or are there restrictions?

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,658
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
elephant:

Only place I have seen HiSense is cheap motels ... And the harsh colours are appropriate to the worn shabby decor BeoNut since '75

Well Hannspree made the V1-40s panel....

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-video/hannspree-tvs-3d-edge-led-100-hz-plus-giraffes-zebras-n15378.html

My guess is, that it won't be the last B&O tv to have a panel from Hannspree.

The link, you provided, leads to an article, that was written 5 years ago!

MM

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
Paul W:

When I worked for the John Lewis Partnership they started to sell a unknown Korean brand of television back in 1999 and we all mocked it. Now look at Samsung, a global super power in the TV industry.
Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 10:55 AM
Lg was first know as Goldstar the don't touch it brand but now a world leader in screens!..come along way!
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,441
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

My guess is, that it won't be the last B&O tv to have a panel from Hannspree.

The link, you provided, leads to an article, that was written 5 years ago!

MM

Only 20 months before the V1 was released, and we all know about how B&O like proven panels. Nice giraffe

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 616
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:06 PM

Millemissen:

benoit:

Millemissen:

MM

Thanks!

I just wanted to see it action - but couldn't.

By the way - it this the case with ALL content, or are there restrictions?

MM

I use it only with videos that I have recorded from the TV or with videos that I have on my connected hard drive...

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,554
Gold Member

Bv7Mk3:
@Benoit what's the picture like on your Loewe? What made you buy the tv and not a B&O?

I thought i'd love that too , but you don't need it with B&O.  If you use Netflix on anything like an apple TV or DVD player or whatever  - it uses your account, so you could be on your B&O TV in your lounge watching American Horror Story or House of Cards and then close it down, and then when you hop in your bedroom on your Sony TV you can watch either show where you left off.  It's that good. 

:-)

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:54 PM

I love that feature too Michael. It even remembers where you paused a film months ago!

Loewe TVs are priced well now. A 4K beautifully designed one is priced at £1199 here in the UK. I notice that they have the electric curtains much like the B&O sets :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,658
Bronze Member

May I remind you, that B&O is a company, that makes (and has been making) excellent speakers (a lot of them for such a small company).

Most Loewe-tv buyers - who care for sound - seek to integrate BeoLab's in their setup.

The main reason for byuing a Loewe-tv (instead of a BV) seems in most cases to be the pricetag.

MM

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:37 PM

I wouldn't call them excellent MM - maybe nice!

Loewe is a totally different price league no, maybe from the cash injection from Hannspree. They are maybe going for the more expensive LG & Samsung market. Maybe, that's were the customers are?

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 616
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 4:54 PM

Bv7Mk3:

For my taste I like very much the picture quality. 4K upscaling works quite well broadcastings at TV. I bought the Loewe because of the price which is much lower than a B&O and the design is not bad at all (aluminium foot, black aluminium frame and speaker grill), the sound is quite good (of course not like B&O), + 3 years warranty and really excellent after sale service from my dealer (to a previous 3 years old model I had 1 dead pixel, not very visible, and they changed the screen under warranty)! I like as well the possibility to record 2 programs at the same time. And it has electronic curtains when switching off.Wink

I have to admit that I use the 'video transferring feature' only when I start a movie in the living room and I want to finish it in bed on my iPad. The picture quality transferred to my iPad retina is better than from internet when it is a movie from TV broadcasting.

Here are some photos (of course it's difficult to judge the picture quality...) :

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,150
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:45 PM

Bv7Mk3:
Lg was first know as Goldstar the don't touch it brand but now a world leader in screens!..come along way!

LG actually started as "Lucky Goldstar" which is where the LG initials came from. Another one of those Chinese comedy names like the MPV's they called "boingo friendee executive royal lounge" !!!  Very clever marketing from there on though with the "Life's Good" campaign..

Back to Loewe though.. They're not bad at all. I have a Loewe TV in the end of my bed - and my son has a 46" Loewe he plays his PS4 on and loves. I wouldn't have one as my main TV, but certainly as secondaries.

Lee

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,658
Bronze Member

Maybe a Loewe tv and a couple of Devialet Phantoms will be the new black.

M😎M

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
benoit:

For my taste I like very much the picture quality. 4K upscaling works quite well broadcastings at TV. I bought the Loewe because of the price which is much lower than a B&O and the design is not bad at all (aluminium foot, black aluminium frame and speaker grill), the sound is quite good (of course not like B&O)

Thanks Benoit for the pictures -- do you have a beo system behind the scenes/ in a cupboard, integrated to ML ... or are your beo labs wired directly to the Lowe ?

BeoNut since '75

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 616
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Aug 2 2015 10:59 AM

Since some weeks I disconnected my BL4 from the TV because I didn't want so many cables and for the use I have the TV sound is good enough. I use again (rarely) the BLabs connected to my bluetooth Avantree Roxa receiver in my bedroom. Some month ago I already sold one pair of BL4 and I connected the remaining pair to the TV. Then I bought the Beolit 15 and since that time it is the one that I use most of the time. Now I'm more and more thinking of getting rid of everything and buy a BeoPlay A9 to have just one independent system.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 616
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Aug 2 2015 10:59 AM

Since some weeks I disconnected my BL4 from the TV because I didn't want so many cables and for the use I have the TV sound is good enough. I use again (rarely) the BLabs connected to my bluetooth Avantree Roxa receiver in my bedroom. Some month ago I already sold one pair of BL4 and I connected the remaining pair to the TV. Then I bought the Beolit 15 and since that time it is the one that I use most of the time. Now I'm more and more thinking of getting rid of everything and buy a BeoPlay A9 to have just one independent system.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 616
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Aug 2 2015 11:02 AM

This is how it looked with the BL4 connected but I prefer it now as I think it's more 'clean'.

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Sun, Aug 2 2015 11:30 AM
Looks good!
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,441
Bronze Member
benoit:

This is how it looked with the BL4 connected but I prefer it now as I think it's more 'clean'.

So much nicer than the Beolab 14 discs

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,658
Bronze Member

How it looks is one thing - how it sounds is another.

MM

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,541
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 8:26 AM

@benoit: What is that beautiful aluminium pillar adjascent to the Beolab 4? Is it a lamp? Manufacturer, model name?

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 616
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Mon, Aug 3 2015 11:22 AM

It's a lamp from Ligne Roset. But unfortunately they stopped producing it. It lights from the back side as well.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,541
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Aug 4 2015 6:10 AM

Thank you! It looks really great!

Page 1 of 1 (33 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL