Flashing Red Light Avant 55

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

propaganda
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
propaganda posted on Wed, Jul 29 2015 10:36 PM

I have just returned from holiday and cannot get my Avant 55 to turn on. All I get is a flashing red light - about 1 -2 second intervals. Avant was powered off as my wife is paranoid about it catching fire - it is on 24/7 the rest of the year....

Any thoughts? PIN? (I have no idea what the PIN is right enough). The Avant does not react - nothing works, no speaker coming down, no stand, basically dead other than the flashing red light. The manual is not clear what the issue is.

All Replies

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Jul 30 2015 3:16 AM

When you said the Avant was powered off, do you mean it was unplugged from the mains? Because a slow flashing red means just that:

From B&O: Slowly flashing red: The TV has been disconnected from the mains supply and you must enter the pin code. See the online guide for more information on the pin code system, available on www.bang-olufsen.com/guides.

Contact your dealer for the PIN if you have forgotten it.

Good luck!

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
383 Posts
Gold Member

I have the same issue. 

And if I turn on the screen I just see B&O fading in and out again and again. 
until the tv turns off. 

how did you solve it? 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,395 Posts
Bronze Member
propaganda:

I have just returned from holiday and cannot get my Avant 55 to turn on. All I get is a flashing red light - about 1 -2 second intervals. Avant was powered off as my wife is paranoid about it catching fire - it is on 24/7 the rest of the year....

Any thoughts? PIN? (I have no idea what the PIN is right enough). The Avant does not react - nothing works, no speaker coming down, no stand, basically dead other than the flashing red light. The manual is not clear what the issue is.

You need the pin to “unlock” the screen

When I go away I turn off my BV14 and when I turn it back on the led flashes red

I turn on the BV and then I press the remote. It powers on and you have to enter the pin and ok. This screen also shows the serial number of your BV.

If you don’t have your pin contact your dealer and they should provide for you as they will need the serial number etc to look it up
beolion
Top 200 Contributor
383 Posts
Gold Member
Hi

My screen does not show the serial or ask for the pin.

The bang and Olufsen Name just fade in and out continuously and rest of the screen is black.

On my 7-55 I at least get a screen saying enter pin.

But not here.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL