Answered (Verified) This post has 7 verified answers | 34 Replies | 2 Followers

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member
OldJack posted on Wed, May 6 2015 5:23 PM

Hi BS3 users,

Recently I retired my Beovision 3 ,purchased new Samsung UE55HU7500 , and second hand Beosystem 3 from ebay. Seller declared to be latest edition,fully working.

Intention to integrate with my :Beosound Ouverture,pair of Beolab 8000 as front speakers,pair of Beolab 4000 as rear speakers,and sub Beloab 2.

Once BS3 received,i tried to connect it to Ouverture by Masterlink,all speakers connected to BS3,but there is no sound output.Also connected TV via HDMI,but there is no any display output.

I understand I have to make setup on BS3,but i am not able to get it displayed on the screen,there is no output from BS3 to the screen.

Anybody having patience to let me know how to make proper cabling/connectios ,at least to check if my

BS3 is working or not.

Answers highly appeciated

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
220 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by OldJack

You need an ir receiver ( either part of the BV4 screen, or separate) to be able to switch the unit on, there is no ir receiver in the BS3. When the unit switches on the LED (next to the mains input socket) pulses from red to green until the unit is up and running, then the LED stays red.

Ron

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
1,035 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Weebyx replied on Thu, May 7 2015 11:33 AM
Verified by OldJack

OldJack:

Thanks Ron

Will STB PUC ir blaster/transmitter for B&O tv do the job,or I need another one?

Look at this thread, IR Blaster will not work.. 

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/4582.aspx

/Weebyx

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
220 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by OldJack

Unfortunately no, you need a ir receiver that connects to the ir input ( rs232) socket. An ir blaster is a transmitter which controls an external stb or other non B&O unit.

Ron

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,599 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by OldJack
You should call a b&o dealer to order an IR receiver and cable and tell him it is for a BeoSystem 3. While all of the b&o "hockey puck" IR receivers look similar, I believe that you need the one with extra wires for light sensing for the BeoSystem 3. Only a b&o sensor is compatible. It will probably cost around $100 and take a week or two for delivery. It's highly unlikely that you will find one in eBay.
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,599 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by OldJack

Oakley:

To sum up "how to on BS3"

You'll need an IR Receiver without Auto Contrast if you are connecting the BS3 to a NON B&O panel.

Connect the IR Receiver to the system 3 using a 3mm headphone jack plug. Not the RS232

You turn on the system and go from there.

I'd also suggest to disable auto contrast in the Service Menu.

For multi room audio distribution, EVERY source connected to the BS3 has to be also its analogue connections for distributing sound thru Master Link.

Be sure about this. I have a non-B&O TV and the IR receiver without auto-contrast would not work. I had to use the one with auto-contrast, and then I disabled the auto-contrast in the settings.

BeoWillie
Not Ranked
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
14 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by OldJack

It works like a charm. I've done a few "3rd Party Screen" setups w/ BeoSystem 3, including our showroom. IR only worked like a charm. Part number 8087030, you'll also need a bit of a heaphone wire with a jack. I'm unable to attache the pin out image, but if you're interested I'll email it to you.

BeoWillie
Not Ranked
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
14 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by OldJack

I'm 100% sure about this. I've done a few theater setups like that including our own showroom. 

You need Link Eye P#8087030 and a bit of 3 conductor wire with a 3mm headphone jack at the end of it. I'd attache the pin out image but I'm unable to. If you need/want it, I can email it to you.

All Replies

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,599 Posts
Bronze Member

As I recall, I think you you first need to connect an analog video input to the BeoSystem 3 -- such as using the yellow cable on a dvd player in order to get an initial signal. Then, you press "menu" twice to get into the setup screen. You might try that.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,599 Posts
Bronze Member

I"m recalling that the DVD input using an initial analogue signal is the safest choice for getting an initial signal for setting up the system. I would have the dvd player on already when you hit DVD on the remote to start up the BeoSystem 3. You might need to try different input ports (e.g. AV1, AV2, etc) to get the right one. May trying other commands such as TV, DTV, etc. It would be nice if you knew what the prior owner had assigned to each port -- such as if he had DVD assigned to AV2.

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
220 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by OldJack

You need an ir receiver ( either part of the BV4 screen, or separate) to be able to switch the unit on, there is no ir receiver in the BS3. When the unit switches on the LED (next to the mains input socket) pulses from red to green until the unit is up and running, then the LED stays red.

Ron

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member

beojeff,thanks

tried all of this,does not work

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Ron

Will STB PUC ir blaster/transmitter for B&O tv do the job,or I need another one?

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
1,035 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Weebyx replied on Thu, May 7 2015 11:33 AM
Verified by OldJack

OldJack:

Thanks Ron

Look at this thread, IR Blaster will not work.. 

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/4582.aspx

/Weebyx

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
220 Posts
Silver Member
Verified by OldJack

Unfortunately no, you need a ir receiver that connects to the ir input ( rs232) socket. An ir blaster is a transmitter which controls an external stb or other non B&O unit.

Ron

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member

Ok,thanks Ron!

Can you reccomend one ir receiver available on the market ,which will be compactible with BS3 and my setup?

Frane

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member

Ok,thanks Ron!

Can you reccomend one ir receiver available on the market ,which will be compactible with BS3 and my setup?

Frane

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member

Come on,Beosystem3 users,what ir receiver  you use with BS3,which one is recommended?

Any decent proposal will be rewarded by six pack!

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
976 Posts
Bronze Member
OldJack:

Come on,Beosystem3 users,what ir receiver you use with BS3,which one is recommended?

Any decent proposal will be rewarded by six pack!

Beogram 6500,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beovision 3,Beocom2,Serene

Please put us out of our misery and ask the eBay seller for a refund
OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member

StUrrock,I am not going to bother You,and any others similar to You.

Is it so hard to answer simple question: What ir receiver I need to keep my Beosystem 3 running?

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,599 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by OldJack
You should call a b&o dealer to order an IR receiver and cable and tell him it is for a BeoSystem 3. While all of the b&o "hockey puck" IR receivers look similar, I believe that you need the one with extra wires for light sensing for the BeoSystem 3. Only a b&o sensor is compatible. It will probably cost around $100 and take a week or two for delivery. It's highly unlikely that you will find one in eBay.
OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
272 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks beojeff!

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL