rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 47 Replies | 1 Follower

doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun posted on Fri, Apr 3 2015 9:44 PM

Dear all,

I have the following configuration. Please refer to the image below.

I need you help to configure the Beolink NL/ML. Mainly I want to have the sound of the Beovision 11 in the Beolink passive.

1. Which ML role must be set-up?

2. Which option shall be set for the Beovision 8? (V.opt?, A.opt?, L.opt?) (Which number?)

3. Which option shall be set for the Beolink passive? (V.opt?, A.opt?, L.opt?) (Which number?)

4. How do I need to set the "experience mapped to NL" panel? 

5. How must the Beovision be configured?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Didier

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,782 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Apr 9 2015 12:08 PM

Raeuber:

With older Beovisions you can get the video signal via RF LINK, Scart and HDMI out. With the new BSys4-based Beovisions (Avant, BV 11) you have NONE of these options anymore!

Distribution over RF is not an option since it is analogue transmission. No one would accept such poor picture quality anymore. Since there are no more Beovisions in the product line with DVD/Bluray anymore, a HDMI out does not makes sense. 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
I have sound from other rooms now.

I guess I'm not sure what all the fuss is?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,308 Posts
Bronze Member

mjmedlo:

So - then all you have to do is to tell us, how you did it/what you did!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,782 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Apr 9 2015 1:02 PM

mjmedlo:

I guess I'm not sure what all the fuss is?

Main issue is that a NL Beovision only can distribute one of its sources at a time over NL/ML. E.g if you watch TV in the main room and want to listen to radio (from the BV source) the Beovision will not be able to show TV in mainroom.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member

Correct Hiort. .

I have several of the NL televisions; I can "connect" one to another for distributing audio; 

but I do not believe I can watch (for example) the Living Room BV11 of Source HDMI1 and pull up source

HDMI2 audio on the Bedroom BV11; I will try this when I get back home this evening.

I'm in the US so it's 7:30am here.

I shall report back; 

As far as Connecting; the various NL products can pull sources from each other and from the masterlink

side through the beolink converter; I regularly listen to sources one panel on another; I do understand your

question/concern about multi sourcing from one beovision.  I shall investigate that this evening.

MJM

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,894 Posts
Founder

mjmedlo:

net link gives two way for automation; 

automatic update of the PUC table

apps; 

future proofing with over the air updates; 

my thoughts on it's value anyway

- That`s what I thought: It has two way mode for home automation - but does it have two way mode for the Beolink system too?

I`m using the xhome visualisation software for my KNX automation system - it is also able to handle the whole Beosystem via MLGW,

http://xsolution.de/

- online update for PUC is a new feature, that`s why my Beovisions got complete PUC collections when I bought them for free.

- online updates for my stb boxes is a feature, that I use since years, so no much excitement here, sorry.

The main purpose of a Beolink system - an MCL system or later the ML system - was to distribute sound/picture all over the house and the ability to control global sources - from all (link) rooms. This can also be timer controlled - the old MCL system was even able to distribute (LINK) LIGHT commands to all linkrooms and control directly LC2s via IR from extra speaker kits, MX BVs or all two way Beo- souns/systems.

Missing features in a Netlink system: (please correct me if I`m wrong...)

- Masterlink with stereo sound distribution

- Cinema function

- Timer

- AV mode

- PandP (?)

- possibility to watch a video source in the main room, while listening to an audio source in connected linkrooms (?)

- possibility to watch a video source in the mainroom while watching another video source connected to the videomaster in the mainroom (?)

Missing features in a Masterlink system: (please correct me if ...)

- online update for PUC table

- online update BV firmware

- smart TV feature (?)

- two way mode for (selected?) home automation systems

Stefan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,894 Posts
Founder

BeoMegaMan:

From an all ML stand point you lost a feature. 

A feature...? I just made a list of missing features in the NL some posts above....

BeoMegaMan:

The fact that B&O even give you any access to 20+ years of old infrastructure should be commended. Nobody in the industry gives as much care to the integration of legacy products as B&O has. No one. 

That`s right I think, but that`s not the point. We don`t compare companies, because you can`t compare Beo with anything else on the world 

It`s a bit special and unique (what we love...), but we compare Beo from 1985 - 2000 - 2015. And that`s also a story of loosing features over the time.

BeoMegaMan:

Maybe that feature can't be executed from ML, but if you get a Moment it may reappear on the all digital NL based system.

Can you please explain a bit, what an all digital NL based system is?

Will it be controled digitally? Will the sound be distributed digitally ot simply streamed?

Thanks

Stefan

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort:

Distribution over RF is not an option since it is analogue transmission. No one would accept such poor picture quality anymore. Since there are no more Beovisions in the product line with DVD/Bluray anymore, a HDMI out does not makes sense.

I accept such poor picture quality for sure, because it's NOT poor. I am using RF distribution since 1998 (first with old Avant and MX 4002 and since 2011 with BV 7 and BV 10) and I don't want to miss it anymore!

You can connect many sources (settop-box, bluray-player, Apple-TV) not only via HDMI but also via Scart to a mainroom TV and then you get access to all these sources in linkrooms with Masterlink.

HDMI out is necessary if you want to use a projector, a nice feature of Beovisions for so many years and now sorted out with BSys4-based BVs. Very poor!

Regards

Räuber
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member

Rauber,

maybe it's best for you that you stay with ML products?

I certainly see your side of this coin has merit.

Maybe NL is not the right direction for your?

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo:

Rauber,

maybe it's best for you that you stay with ML products?

I certainly see your side of this coin has merit.

Maybe NL is not the right direction for your?

Absolutely correct, dear mjmedlo. A replacement of my ML system by a NL system would mean a real downgrade for me.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
Raeuber:

Absolutely correct, dear mjmedlo. A replacement of my ML system by a NL system would mean a real downgrade for me.

Congratulations on getting your multi-room video to work and stay stable for years. I never could get mine to be stable with reasonable quality and so I gave up.

My solution is audio distribution via ML, and for video distribution I use Apple TVs connected to the BVs. Does not give me free to air but can replace that with digital catch up.

BeoNut since '75

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Apr 10 2015 12:40 PM

Very interesting discussion, shows exactly how we, customers of the link products perceive the shortcomings and lost features of the old products.

I'm not expecting a revelation from the coming May update. For now it looks to only fit the Moment as an exclusively audio source in their Netlink who will make it possible to listen to sound at another NL based product. The announcement for an additional, let me call it ‘powerbox’ in a replacement for, in my case the BS3200, gives me the certainty that the Moment luckily also will work on the old Masterlink.

I do not expect a miracle or sudden revelations anymore for the current B&O NL-products as they now stand in the window. Using multiple sources is simply not integrated within their hardware/engine. Some respected members in this discussion are mentioning, we are just loosing step by step functionality... in the way we are used to now the B&O Link, I wholeheartedly join them.

You bought earlier a product that was ready to use as standalone, but it was just as good already a part of a bigger picture. It was a groundbreaking and simply clever view. These ideas and execution is suddenly been lost in their newer systems. They came up with a new vision, a forward-looking thought referring to the new digital era. Promising clients with this now well known integration and promising a lot more for the digital future, but the engine stalled. It remained a promise and there was then little or no attention paid to this thought in newer products, integration of other products lost the focus of management attention and was not further stimulated internally.

The Integration & Connectivity philosophy what B&O radiates seems to be now more pointing towards a complete home integration with Beolink Gateway, using Atlona Matrix Switches, Ikatu software, etc… Simply, give it in the hands of third parties.

I really do not know if I ever want to go down this new slopes, but for now it looks B&O also lost a bit its way. The completely streamlined and sophisticated system of the past is no longer present, it seems to be torn into pieces and B&O has problems to glue this, or has no intentions to glue it anymore. Digital integration outgrows its infancy not, and it already starts all over again with something new… WISA! Somewhere they lost the visionary. The person who has a vision of how his company and how a market will develop, and thats a lot more of just integrating internet.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
Many very good points Chris.

BeoNut since '75

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,475 Posts
Bronze Member

Actually there is more to NL than discussed here.

For example on this moment I play Homemedia on a BV11-55 and on a BLC NL/ML. In the bathroom I play a cd on a BS3000 in the study connected to another BLC. Everywhere where I push join I have the option to listen to the BV11-55 or the BS3000. Or the sound of Netflix on the AppleTv my wife is watching in the living (on a BV11-46).

So in contrary to ML there are no local sources anymore. All sources can be heard everywhere. But it is true if you change a source f.e. connected to the BV11-55, the BLC which joined the tv will switch to the same source (and visa versa).

I prefer the NL setup. On this moment I have 3 audio systems available to which I in principle can/could listen to everywhere. And to my opinion the sound quality has improved also

To me it isn't a downgrade but a leap forward

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,308 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks, Carolpa Yes - thumbs up

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 3 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL