rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 47 Replies | 1 Follower

doun
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
doun posted on Fri, Apr 3 2015 9:44 PM

Dear all,

I have the following configuration. Please refer to the image below.

I need you help to configure the Beolink NL/ML. Mainly I want to have the sound of the Beovision 11 in the Beolink passive.

1. Which ML role must be set-up?

2. Which option shall be set for the Beovision 8? (V.opt?, A.opt?, L.opt?) (Which number?)

3. Which option shall be set for the Beolink passive? (V.opt?, A.opt?, L.opt?) (Which number?)

4. How do I need to set the "experience mapped to NL" panel? 

5. How must the Beovision be configured?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Didier

All Replies

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
200 Posts
Bronze Member
That was not good to hear at all. Seems that I will get stuck with my BV10-46 as main TV....
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
Anyone know if this new constraint applies to the new Avants as well ?

BeoNut since '75

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
595 Posts
Bronze Member
It applies to NL as it stands right now.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
Some scuttlebutt that this will be updated in the summer.

We shall see.

As of now you can go analog to digital but not visa versa.

I'm seeing this in connecting a third party panel to my system.

I am going to connect the line out of the third party panel in to the line in on the blc and then use the bs5 a.aux to connect my essence.

This way I'll have streaming across the entire system and be able to pull all network and masterlink sources to the blc.

This would not work the other way.. For instance there's no way now to pull the beolink sources over the a masterlink active kit.
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
I think this constraint will not only apply with connecting a Masterlink system to NL-BV using the NL/ML-converter, but also if you connect two NL-BVs using a router.

And I don't think this issue can be solved by a software update, I fear it's a matter of hardware.
stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,894 Posts
Founder

doun:

Dear all,

I received the answer from B&O. The Beovision 11 is not able to handle two different sources. Therefore it  is not possible to listen to a source on the Beolink NL/ML and watching another source on the Beovision 11. As soon as you will select a Beovision 11 source from the Masterlink, the TV will switch to this source.

I lost a big feature...Angry

Agree - very disappointing! Sorry about my ignorance, but can anybody explain what the benefit of Netlink is...? :(

I don`t get it...

Thanks

Stefan

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member

net link gives two way for automation; 

automatic update of the PUC table

apps; 

future proofing with over the air updates; 

my thoughts on it's value anyway

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
stefan:

Agree - very disappointing! Sorry about my ignorance, but can anybody explain what the benefit of Netlink is...? :(

I don`t get it...

Thanks

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Netlink is the most difficult way to connect a source to a pre-amplifier. And the opposite to an easy handling of a video-audio-system for what the brand 'B&O' stood for until Netlink.

Just my 2 cents...

Regards

Räuber
BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
595 Posts
Bronze Member
From an all ML stand point you lost a feature. If you get more than one product of NL you will see the doors open right back up. This is the same as when MCL died and everyone wanted datalink over ML. The fact that B&O even give you any access to 20+ years of old infrastructure should be commended. Nobody in the industry gives as much care to the integration of legacy products as B&O has. No one. With that some features have to be retired unfortunately. The realities are that very few people that actually owned B&O to that extend actually used that feature. It hurt me that the av mode is gone too on the new chassis..... Trust me I feel the pains sometimes out there. I also enjoy looking at the picture of my new stuff over any of the older stuff I've owned through the years (7-55 is the only older product that can hang with the new stuff picture wise), the price of owning and enjoying the new stuff. Something has to give I guess. There is a sw update coming soon to make the moment a NL capable system. One would think small things that are missing would have the chance to pop back up as a feature as more updates are applied. We forget there hasn't been a NL audio master (if you want to call it that) yet. Maybe that feature can't be executed from ML, but if you get a Moment it may reappear on the all digital NL based system.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
Ok, but I would like to repeat Stefan's question:

"can anybody explain what the benefit of Netlink is...? :("

I don't know the answer yet...

Räuber
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
See my post two lines upSmile
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo:

See my post two lines up

Thank you. So 'Netlink' is the ability to get access to the internet, nothing else and no successor of Masterlink. A friend of mine has a cheap Samsung TV for 300 EUR with Netlink.
badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
538 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess we have not seen what NL is capable of, I am really hoping that the roll out of the multiroom function will show us that NL is the ML. From what has been promised NL should be able to push sound between NL products, I don't think it will be capable of video and B&O are recommending the use of a HDMI matrix for video distribution!

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
200 Posts
Bronze Member
I cant understand why they stoped production of the ML before the NL was completed. Now atleast I have been waiting to buy new products untill I have seen what NL will be like....
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,542 Posts
Bronze Member
badgersurf:

I guess we have not seen what NL is capable of, I am really hoping that the roll out of the multiroom function will show us that NL is the ML. From what has been promised NL should be able to push sound between NL products, I don't think it will be capable of video and B&O are recommending the use of a HDMI matrix for video distribution!

A HDMI matrix is a very sophisticated and expensive solution.

With older Beovisions you can get the video signal via RF LINK, Scart and HDMI out. With the new BSys4-based Beovisions (Avant, BV 11) you have NONE of these options anymore!
Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL