rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 22 Replies | 1 Follower

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari posted on Thu, Apr 2 2015 11:56 AM

Hi there

I'm happy to say an Avant 85" is on the way :) And I am doing the install myself since I am importing from overseas. Does anyone have some pointers for a 85" Avant TV installation on the motorised floor stand? I have seen the YouTube Video which is quite helpful, but wanted to hear first hand from anyone that has experience. Does anyone know if the metal tow/screw hooks they use with the stand in order to lift it with the crane come with the motorised stand in the packaging?

Do you think I would need to get an engine crane as in the video? Or do you think it would be achievable to install with 4-5 lads? Not quite sure where one would get wheels as in the video either to move the stand.

If anyone has an official installation guide for the stand and TV would appreciate it.

I will also contact the dealer I am importing from and see if they can advise.

Any tips/advice appreciated.

Thanks

All Replies

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
572 Posts
Bronze Member
I've installed plenty of 85's so far and it is only a two man job. The hardest part is putting the base in position since it is concentrated weight. I've never used a hoist as suggested by B&O. From start to finish I've installed and configured an 85 in as little as an hour and a half. The new 85 is a breeze compared to BV4-85/103. You'll love it!

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Thu, Apr 2 2015 1:39 PM

That's definitely reassuring thank you for that!

Any tips on how you moved the base into position? I'm thinking of sliding it on something and them removing that something from under the base after.

Looking forward to the Avant!

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
572 Posts
Bronze Member
What ever you do, don't pickup from the pole once it is mounted to the base. It will snap right off. The base comes in styrofoam that is split in two. Position the box vertically, open the box and take off one side of the styrofoam while the stand is still in the box/other piece of styrofoam, affix the pole and cover plate while it's being held up by the styrofoam. Then get a buddy to help you pick it up and place it in final position by picking up from the base only. Or you could make it real easy by ordering the service skates that B&O make so you can put it in place now and move it any time by yourself.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Thu, Apr 2 2015 2:11 PM

BeoMegaMan:
What ever you do, don't pickup from the pole once it is mounted to the base. It will snap right off. The base comes in styrofoam that is split in two. Position the box vertically, open the box and take off one side of the styrofoam while the stand is still in the box/other piece of styrofoam, affix the pole and cover plate while it's being held up by the styrofoam. Then get a buddy to help you pick it up and place it in final position by picking up from the base only. Or you could make it real easy by ordering the service skates that B&O make so you can put it in place now and move it any time by yourself.

Thanks again! Great info to keep in mind :) I will let you guys know how it goes once it arrives and post up a pic or two of the new setup! My current setup in case anyone is interested: 

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
Great looking ensemble
ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Sat, Apr 4 2015 8:00 PM

Thank you :) I'll post a pic up of the Avant when I get it. It will be a much more minimal setup though. More B&O Stick out tongue

Fl_ip
Top 500 Contributor
155 Posts
Bronze Member
Fl_ip replied on Sat, Apr 4 2015 8:38 PM
I did 2 installations now with an Avant 85". It is heavy piece of art but we did it with 2 persons.

I would advice you to buy the transport skates. The floorstand is not able to move without the skates.

You can lift the complete BeoVision Avant with the skates to move it and finetune it's position.Smile

The transport feet stay clicked in the Avant while lifting it. The shouldn't fall out.

To transport the floorstand we used a cart to . Never used a crane for it.

On a wall bracket without the motor you need the 3e guy, to stop the arm from moving.

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Sat, Apr 4 2015 11:23 PM

Fl_ip:
I did 2 installations now with an Avant 85". It is heavy piece of art but we did it with 2 persons.

I would advice you to buy the transport skates. The floorstand is not able to move without the skates.

You can lift the complete BeoVision Avant with the skates to move it and finetune it's position.Smile

The transport feet stay clicked in the Avant while lifting it. The shouldn't fall out.

To transport the floorstand we used a cart to . Never used a crane for it.

On a wall bracket without the motor you need the 3e guy, to stop the arm from moving.

Thanks for your advice. 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
hi Ari

love your pre Avant pictures and can't wait to see what the Avant looks like it situ. Man it's one big unit, and wow it's expensive too.

I am happy with my Avant and I really appreciate that you want to install yourself and or with a couple of mates. I myself always like installing my own things, however, this was the one thing I was happy to pay an installer for.

Although the installers did not install my avant like they did in that video being that they did not use white gloves and didn't use the packing material to install the base, just watching them put it together and at what point installing cables etc, what they did do was great. This was the first Avant they installed.

One of the other reasons I didn't install myself was that if I dropped it or stuffed it up, I would have to probably call them.

I did however order the clamper system from STB brackets and that system is knock out.

When my BL19 finally comes after a 2 month wait, then B&O said they will bring their skates over so I can see the TV in another position. I'd love to know how much these skates cost and if it's viable to have my own pair.

Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly with the delivery.
valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
1,468 Posts
Gold Member

ari:
I'm happy to say an Avant 85" is on the way :)

One fantastic tv  Yes - thumbs up congrats !

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Sun, Apr 5 2015 9:37 AM

Thank you both! Appreciate the kind words. 

I have also ordered the STB rear clamp brackets for the Avant and they should arrive tomorrow :) 

Looking forward to it!! Will let you guys know how the install went in the next couple of days when it hopefully arrives soon.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
Great. Let me know which brackets you got with the clamper. If you have 2 devices on one side put the smallest device at the back :-)
ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Wed, Apr 8 2015 11:48 AM

Hi All

Thanks for all the advice. Managed to install the 85" and motorised stand without any hiccups. Had 2 mates over to help. Quite enjoyed the DIY install, and some people might think I'm weird for saying this, but doing the install yourself really lets you 'bond' with your TV Stick out tongue Quite enjoyed the process. The quality of all the parts is really great.

The stand wasn't a mission at all. With the provided metal hooks/loops which screw in to the base of the stand, you can attach/loop a strap through the holes and lift it up with a friend rather easily. It isn't light by any means, but it is do-able.

The TV on the other hand is big, felt much heavier as it needed to be lifted higher, and naturally more awkward to lift being an 85". 2 strong-ish people on each end, and one at the back guiding it into place to sit on the hook of the motorises stand pole did the job!

Once the TV was attached to the motorised stand, the metal brackets attached to the bottom of the TV were removed.

Experience-wise - really enjoying the TV so far. Simplicity and ease of use is refreshing coming from my old setup with Lintronic to power on the BeoLabs vai Infrared and controlling devices seperately through the amp. The new Beo remote one is great so far. The integrated screen on the remote makes things a pleasure to control. Watched some 4K30p content captured on my GoPro Hero 4, outputted from my MacBook Pro Retina over HDMI and it looked great!

Will post some pics here (and in the appropriate threads) soon once the STB Brackets have arrived and have been setup etc, and wiring neatened up.

Yes - thumbs up

markiedee
Top 150 Contributor
UK
422 Posts
Bronze Member

Congrats and sounds good so far look forward to pics!!

Beoplay A2

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL