rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 1 Follower

radex7
Not Ranked
15 Posts
Bronze Member
radex7 posted on Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:09 PM

Hello everyone,

I am counting on the fact that this being a dedicated b&o forum, you guys and gals will have some dedicated answers form me.

I recently acquired a pair of beovox m100 speakers, and beogram 3000 turntable. The speaker cabinets are in ok shape, definitely worth saving in my books... The problem is that they are not fully operational. One of the woofers is dead, both filler midrange drivers are missing (the ones just above the woofers), and one of the supertweeters (the top one) sounds off. When I plugged them in I was very intrigued and pleased by their sound, even in their incomplete state. I would really like to hear a fully operational pair, so I looked around for some info, as to finding replacement drivers, or fixing existing ones, but there is very little out there. 

Can you point me in a right direction here? Greatly appreciated! Thanks!

All Replies

Pubmate
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

If you are looking for a good alternative for the filler driver this is the best solution:

MONACOR SP 60 (8 Ohm)

http://loudmagnet.com/html/monacor.htm

It fits pretty well,
Only the screw holes must be made slightly larger

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
13,156 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, May 26 2015 9:54 PM

Welcome to Beoworld !

I would be very surprised (positively) if a suitable substitute has finally been made available for this incredibly hard to match driver.
And at a most resonable cost too.
The closest one I ever found was in the EUR 100-120 range - and it was really not THAT close.

But ... Allow me to ask; Have you compared the T/S parameters against the original at all since you call this "The Best Solution" ?

Martin

radex7
Not Ranked
15 Posts
Bronze Member
radex7 replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 3:46 PM

Just a quick update, and thank you for those who chimed in and followed.

I found a semi-local repair shop that is dealing with my shifted magnets (LINK). While agonizing over missed opportunity to acquire partout components (pricing was just high, and the seller hard to reach), I almost accidentally scored the complete guts from another source, including tweeters, and phaselinks!!! Of course one of the woofers has a detached magnet, phaselinks need refoaming, but I now have the complete set, and a few spares! I also have the opportunity to grab another pair of woofers ( one OK, one with shifted magnet, naturally!). So they are out there, people!!!

I am still looking for the opportunity to meet the seller to grab cabintes from him as well, but the drive is hard to justify.

Sometime in early August I will be able to put them together, and they better be worth it!

Once I start re-assembly I will take some pictures.

Thanks!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,409 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for the update, and pics are welcome, congrats on finding spares

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
624 Posts
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 4:43 PM

Great news! Looking forward to hear more. Smile

/Dennis

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
4,160 Posts
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 5:25 PM

By the way, the Celestion tweeters (not Philips Sir) can be repaired: new diaphragms are available here in France!

Jacques

radex7
Not Ranked
15 Posts
Bronze Member
radex7 replied on Wed, Sep 30 2015 1:14 AM

For a while there was an excess of m100 parts! How random! I am  finally putting them together. I went way overboard with rewiring the crossover, using small diameter shielded coax. I was curious if it will make a difference. Dunno yet. 

I am wondering if anyone has a picture of the interior. I am not sure how the foam pieces fit. 

Definitely see the need for stands and tilting of the speaker, bass stays really low to the ground. 

It might be a tough call b/w my JBL L88 and Beovox M100. WIll see.

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
728 Posts
Bronze Member
BO replied on Wed, Sep 30 2015 12:39 PM

Here are lots of pictures from when I did refurbish mine.

http://forum.beoworld.org/members/bos00/files/M100/default.aspx

//Bo.
A long list...

radex7
Not Ranked
15 Posts
Bronze Member
radex7 replied on Thu, Oct 1 2015 12:27 AM

That is exactly what I needed! Thank you! I don't know why they did not come up on google...

You, btw, did a marvelous job with yours! I noticed you rebuild the crossoveres too! Was there a noticeable change in sound? 

Do you, or did you also observed this slight flatness of low tones/bass?

Thanks again!

Valerie79
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Silver Member

Hello,

Resurrecting a 7 year old thread, sorry. 

I'm looking for a replacement dome & voice coil or wholesale replacement of the M100 mid-tweeter.  Can any of you direct me to a source?  

Valerie79
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Silver Member

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL