I need urgent a cable for a Beomic BM5

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

junno
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
junno posted on Thu, Dec 25 2014 7:01 AM

Hello my name is Juliano, I'll cut to the chase. I have with me a microphone B & OBeomic BM5 in hand, I have pictures for analysis. I urgently need to know how I can buythe cable for this microphone, this is not to stereo cable 5 system and plug 5 pin. Then do not know if it is still working, the microphone is a friend who won this former head of the company where he worked, if I get a cable and the microphone is working, will benegotiating the purchase of the microphone, I want to acquire this piece . I need to know a website or even here on B & O can sell me directly and deliver to my address in Brazil.When the value of this cable?

All Replies

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,418 Posts
Bronze Member

Welcome to Beoworld!

Ask Steve at Sounds Heavenly (link at bottom of page).

I think the standard Beomic BM5 has a 5pin DIN base needing a DIN female plug.

Graham

Langleyav
Top 500 Contributor
Windsor UK
226 Posts
Silver Member

The BM5 is a BALANCED output microphone, so pins 1 and 3 is the output from the left channel and pins 4 and 5 the output from the right channel.

Pin 2 is the earth connection.

You would need a female socket to connect to the balanced input of your amplifier, or Beocord 2000,1500,1800, 2400 series open spool tape recorder.

Ron

junno
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
junno replied on Thu, Dec 25 2014 9:18 PM

edited and deleted because in the last post I asked correctly

junno
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
junno replied on Thu, Dec 25 2014 9:19 PM

thank you!

On the first post related to store Steve at Sounds Heavenly, since I contacted them, will only send me day response on January 2, saw products there. But if I could set up my own, it would help me in the future if my break I bought ...

junno
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
junno replied on Thu, Dec 25 2014 9:44 PM

edited and deleted because in the last post I asked correctly

junno
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
junno replied on Thu, Dec 25 2014 10:29 PM

I was thinking here about what I posted so I decided to edit the other two posts and put the correct question of the construction of the cable ...

Since the microphone is stereo thought about making a cable with a 5 pin DIN female (to be plugged into the BM5) and 2 plugs Canon XLR using the user-explained scheme "Langleyav" 1 and 3 left channel and right channel 4 and 5 and 2 I would connect the earth for both the left channel, and the right (2 XLR plug canons to enter the entries Focusrite scarlett 18i6, entries 1 and 2). My logic is correct, I could ride the cable in this way? So I would have to have a cable with 5-way to do this project, correct? If this is correct, what cable brand do you recommend to do the project? If I miss the solder when making the cable runs some risk I damage the microphone?

Look it  Din 5 Pin Female: 

http://s3.showmecables.com/images/catalog/product/3-Pin-DIN-Female-Solder-Connector-1735-1.jpg

Two Canons XLR: 

http://www.opelicano.com/imagens/opelicano.com/produtos/CNM2.jpg

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
2,078 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for the recommendation!

junno: you have mail! ;-)

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL